View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Tripping" on Benadryl

soo_epic44

Greenlighter
I attempted to put this in OD but was having some sort of technical issue. Let me start by saying I'm new to forums and I am not sure if I've done this right. If not please feel free to correct me.
Today I was surfing through another forum website and seen something that interested me. I read a post about recreational Benadryl and tripping on it. It instantly made me think back to my sophomore year of high school.
I woke up one morning suffering terribly from my allergies. I've had allergies all of my life and deal with them all through out the year. Well this particular morning I was fed up and felt like complete shit, and out of frustration decided to take a handful of Benadryl capsules (bad idea). I then got onto my bus and headed out for school completely oblivious to the messed up day I was about to have. It hit me like a ton of bricks right after the start of my first class of the day. I was more tired than I had ever been in my life at that point so I decided to lay my head down and just sleep through the class but the teachers aid had a different idea. She would wake me up every time I would go to put my head down so I decided to try to just fight the sleep.
Things at this point started to get extremely weird. As I stared into the black computer screen in front of me, I could see my reflection but it wasn't exactly me. As I continued to stare in awe my reflection was mouthing profanities and threats to me with a super pissed off look! It scared the living shit out of me so I tried to lay my head down again, but super teacher decided to make me sit right back up. My reflection was now smiling menacingly still mouthing curses and threats. I honestly don't remember the rest of the day after that class.
I had no idea that you could actually trip on Benadryl since I've taken it for as long as I could remember. After that day I told my best friend about my experience and we decided to give it a try one weekend to see if he got the same effect. We took them on a Sunday morning at my house while drinking as much coffee as we could put down. Shortly after my parents decided we're we're going to church (yay). While sitting in the service my friend and I could distinctly make out a grim reaper character in the background of the projector screen saver. We could both see the exact image in the same place on the screen. Needless to say, the Benadryl had the same trippy effect on him as it had on me. We were quietly freaking out to ourselves about the grim reaper and we're certain it was an omen for tripping in church.
For anybody reading this curious about trying Benadryl for its "recreational " effects, it's really not that great. Yes you do get some sort of trip but it's never been pleasurable. Imagine fighting sleep for a week and living through a nightmare. Well actually I wouldn't say nightmare, more like a very creepy dream. My advice is to stick to shroomies or good ol' Lucy.