View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on Acid First time.

Areyouhappynow1

Bluelighter
I'm planning on trying acid for the first time this weekend and am curious about a few things

First- Would tripping outside at a park be a good idea or should i do it somewhere inside?(I'm fairly familiar with the park). Also i will be tripping with people i am very connected with.
Second- Iv'e read/heard several different things about taking 1 or 2 hits my first time. Some people say you wont feel anything if you take one(I guess its kind of like marijuana). Other people say take it slowly and not to overdo it.
Third- (Most important) Should i just wait to try acid and maybe try lighter hallucinogens first because my drug resume is kind of light as of now, basically only Weed/Spice, alcohol, amphetamines, various opiates and benzos.

I really want to try it but, I'm just on the edge about whether I'm really prepared for what acid is capable of.

Thanks in advance.

Taking a half hit, one at the most is probably a good idea. I tried a half hit for my first time and to this day, it was some of the best acid I've ever eaten, if not the best. That half hit had me tripping incredibly hard. Tripping at a park is nice as long as you can handle yourself in public.

Acid was my first psychedelic and I don't regret it at all. I think it is "light" in low doses though don't underestimate it. I'm just saying that a low dose of acid isn't going to be sooo much more intense than say a lot dose of mushrooms.

You don't have any hallucinogen experience, you definitely want to take it light. Acid is a nice, smooth way to start, but I've seen it fuck people who dove in too deep.

Problem with tabs is, their strength can vary tremendously. Your tabs might only have thirty mics, in which case you'd want to take two. Or they could have 120, in which case even one might be too powerful a trip for you. If you don't know how strong they are, the rule is always, play it safe. A heavy trip might not sound like such a bad thing but, coming from someone who's had two bad trips, you want to take every step to avoid them.

So I agree with Logic, take a half or one. Even if not much happens, that's fine, you know to increase the dose next time. Better than finding out the hard way that they were really powerful!

For your environment: I strongly recommend doing it with friends, preferably experienced friends. I've done acid twice, once in the comfort of my own room, and it was nice, but not too stimulating. My second trip, last weekend, was out in a national park, and it was absolutely beautiful. Outdoors is excellent, indoors is good as long as there's a lot to occupy you. Consider buying some lava lamps and psychedelic wallpaper or something.

Have fun!

By far it is recommended to do take your first trip in a safe familiar inside place or at a private, secluded outdoor place where you will not have to deal with any number of other people. Doing it with one or 2 other experienced people at most. Psychedelics are mostly an internal highly PERSONAL experience. They are *NOT* a big social party thing by nature, quite the opposite. Being in ANY sort of group can really be a headfuck and you can become very... LOCKED onto the others' thoughts and expectations and trying to figure out what they are thinking or becoming obsessed with their every remark and movement etc. First trips should ALWAYS be done in a way and place where you can just chill out, close your eyes, and venture inside yourself, and where YOU can decide what to do next, and can listen to YOUR favorite music, etc. THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE FOR!!! Oh and having music of YOUR choosing at your disposal is critical.

After alot of experience, then doing them in a group or in public can be OK but only AFTER you have learned what you are doing and what they do to you and how to handle it. You especially MUST have experience in a more private controlled environment so that you can learn how to navigate the "rough spots" that almost always crop up now and then.

First time with more than 1 or 2 others, especially out in public where you are exposed to all kinds of unpredictable influences is a risky idea. And in a group there is always a HIGH risk of becoming mentally locked into some sort of group psychodrama or dynamic, that will totally distract you from experiencing being drawn more gracefully into the unique and special headspace of psychedelics. And god forbid there be someone who feels it is amusing to "fuck with" the tripper... perhaps they are even trying to make you have more fun but it can be VERY easy to misconstrue others' intentions when tripping and any kind of being messed with is experienced as a horrible awful intrusion and annoyance, even when they intend it as mild fun, it can still feel like hell to you.

Your first trip is VERY VERY special. Get it as right as possible.

I suggest an environment with as high a chance of getting the most out of it as possible, and the potential chaos of a group out in public somewhere is NOT advised, IMO. But if you are by nature an extremely outgoing social type person, perhaps it would be alright, but I will always strongly recommend a more private environment with only 1 or 2 other people for your first time.

Oh and there is ***NO*** way to tell if 1 or 2 hits is the right amount. Every batch is totally different strength, there is NO standard. 1 could be overwhelmingly strong (though that is very unlikely these days). Or it could be weak, and even 2 might be only barely feelable. The only way to know is to ask the advice of SOMEONE IN YOUR GROUP WHO HAS ALREADY TRIED IT. NO way at all for us over the net to offer ANY advice about strength.

I Won't be doing it with a big group just a few best friends, one of which will be the sitter.

One more quick question, Is there anything i can do to perhaps negate the effects of a bad trip other than benzos.

Yes: try to imagine you are your "Higher" self, looking down on the "normal" you, watching "him" going through the unpleasant feelings as though you were watching him watch a movie. This mental construct removes you a level from the bad experiences, and they do not feel so personal.

Also, use meditation techniques of clearing the mind of all thoughts. Let all thought pass by you by like a cloud.

Try to focus on "turning around" and looking at the inner eye that is seeing the experience... this puts the focus on the real calm inner you, and dissolves any power that the troubling illusions or thoughts have over you... they are vapor and not real... YOU are real... YOU the WATCHER, not the details of the imaginary movie that can arise in from of you. Think "I am I".

You would be amazed at the power of this technique to dissolve bad trips. By identifying with your "inner eyeball" you unleash a really potent power that just destroys a bad experience. It can make you feel like a real superman. It can feel like you are traveling to the center of the universe, and are becoming one with the One Central "I" of all existence. Because in fact that is what is really happening!

Or do something to take your mind off of the bad thought train... change the scene... put this anim-gif on your cellphone and stare at it...

It's a graphic they used to play at peak intense psychedelic moments of Grateful Dead shows, spelling out NAMASTE in Sanskrit... try to stare at it for a whilefull-screen in a dark room when peaking, haha!

NAMASTE-5-1.gif

Last edited:
Alright, I'll be sure to try this if things go in the wrong direction, *Which they wont*(Hopefully)

Dwayne offers some sound advice, but also do keep in mind that you are you and therefore you know best.
When embarking upon LSD just make sure you want to do it, that you're doing it for the right reasons, that you feel you're ready to do it, that you feel the place you've planned to do it will be safe and controlled, that you are satisfied with the amount of research you have done prior to trying it. As long as you are comfortable in as many ways as possible you should have a good time. Which is why I recommend do your research, and always have a backup plan. I had a really shitty night only once on LSD and it was because I had no back up plan so when things got pair shaped at the party I was at, I was stuck there tripping solo and tripping hard! If you want to trip at the park that's totally cool if you're comfortable there, but make sure you have somewhere alternative to go in case you do feel uncomfortable for any reason. This substance has almost always been gentle with me and those I know and I find it usually is to most people I know that use it, just approach with an open mind and responsibility and you should have a great time :)

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to mention I first used LSD at a psytrance festival with about 800 people and I had an incredibly fun and life changing night, which is what led me to raise the point of it's different for everyone and you should do what's best for you.

DwayneHoover has a lot more experience than me, so he knows his stuff. Still, I'm going to argue one point: acid, at least for me, is not a hugely introspective journey. It's more of an expressive journey, and that's why I think it would be a shame to do all by yourself. Part of it is very social and wanting to share with people. And this is coming from someone who, 90% of the time, prefers to trip alone. Of course, it's different for everyone, so you may not be the same. Only one way to find out.

Also, though it's important to get your set and setting right, I wouldn't be too anxious about having a bad trip on a low dose. You'll probably find, early into it, that all your worries about that dissolve into blissful euphoria. Still, having benzos on hand can't hurt, nor can Dwayne's centring exercise.

Finally, about tripping in a park: I had it in my head that you meant a very large, open park with not many people around. If you can find such a place, with bushwalks, views etc., that would be worth considering. If it's a local park, be a lot more careful. As TangerinO says, with any substance, make sure you're satisfied with how much research you've done before you embark.

As a neophyte tripper myself, I have some experiences you might find worth your time to read. One other thing: I took speed once, and it was great, but it has nothing on the profound depth of a good psychedelic experience. And it's a lot more destructive on the body. Hope you have the same experience; I'm all for people taking whatever they want, but I think hallucinogens beat opiates / amphetamines / stimulants in every way except perhaps the sheer force of the high. Gonna stop there before I start to sound like I'm lecturing. :)

Take 1 depending on strength most blotter isn't THAT potent nowadays but you should ask the dealer how strong it is. I advise smoking weed during as far as trying other hallucinogenics its a good idea. I would try robotripping at 900mgs before for it is similar,shrooms are great but its totally different than lsd.use liquigels do not try to use triple cs for in order to reach 900mgs you would overdose using triple cs(by the way it takes around 1600mgs to overdose)robo theirs smaller chance for bad trip whereas shrooms things can get menacing quickly this also applies to acid also the liquigels have nothing but dxm in them

I would try robotripping at 900mgs before for it is similar

In no sense is the third plateau safer than, or similar to, or a suitable preparation for, acid. Second plateau would be safer, maybe, but still nothing like acid.

lol 900mg of dxm will kick your ass in an entirely different way. Not recommended for beginners.

I dont think I'm about to go out and do a dxm trip, i just want to try acid and have a good time, and possibly change my outlook on life for the better. I've been researching for a few days now and i think i can handle what I'm going to experience.

Yeah, you'll be fine. :) It's been a few days but I feel like my trip subtly, but noticeably, changed my outlook on life for the better. I appreciate it so much more. I hope it lasts.

And if your 1/2 hit trial isn't strong enough, well hell there's always next weekend! Consider it a "potency-assessing experiment" for your next "REAL first trip" haha!

I would try robotripping at 900mgs before for it is similar

ha, no. you're telling this guy to go take 900mg of dxm without any psychedelic experience? what's wrong with you?

anyway, the first time i tried lsd was really confusing. it was everything i thought it would be, except i wasn't quite ready for the visuals. hearing about the effects and then experiencing them for the first time was strange for me at first. i remember thinking, "holy crap, i've heard descriptions of this, and now it's actually happening." the atmosphere became a "sound slurry" and my environment breathed like it was alive with objects taking on exaggerated proportions. i thought the first couple hours consisted of a thrilling visual show with strange body sensations, but there was a second half of the experiences that dealt with a lot of unique life changing introspection, meaning after i got over the stunning visuals and initial effects i had one of those "stop and smell the roses" moments and nothing has been the same since.

if you take any advice from my post take this: once you've had a spiritual awakening on lsd, stop, and never touch it again. hold onto that experience and treasure it, unless you don't care and just seek out cheap thrills.

and don't bother staring at that dumb graphic you won't get anything. the grateful dead is retarded.

Last edited:
My first trip it started off good now it's getting bad. So the my trip begins as I lay in bed at about 11pm I have one tab of good acid my friend started his trip before mine and took his at about 10:15pm after we both had smoked 50mg of dmt (that's another story though) so my friend said his started to kick in he said he felt heavy and kinda euphoric I believed him being that he has done a handful of pshycadelics before but this was his first real acid trip so about 30 minutes later he says he defiantly felt the come up and described it with a non stop smile and laughed at random things he said at that point I had to leave him to go home but my night wasn't over I got home at about 10:55 and talked to my parents everything was cool so I said I was going to bed got properly dressed for my trip aka (basketball shorts and a pair of sliders) at 11:05 I took the tab let it sit on my tongue for about 2minutes and than downed it with some water from there I laid in bed for about an hour without any signs of a come up I was still in contact with my the friend that was already tripping major nuts by now but than it slowly crept up on me I felt the heaviness that my friend had explained earlier and than a tingly feeling that got gradually more intense too the point were waves of numbness were hitting me but I thought the air from my fan was connected to my trip and but I didn't really pay attention to the fan much mostly my iPod or the frequent trips to the bathroom mirror to see my face morph at about 3am I was honestly getting a little worried because I didn't know what an acid peak is like so I was waiting for it to better but it stayed mostly the same very mellow trip I had no rush to do anything but look at trippy pictures and listen to mgmt about 4am I hadn't felt a peak still so I gave up on trying than I thought I was coming down so I would sit up in bed and wait for the weird feeling to get to my head but nothing so I tried standing up oh fuck it was like a huge head rush my vision went black and than I started seeing closed eye visuals like but I honestly don't know how to explain them it was kinda like tunnel vision in pink and grey 4:30am I'm getting really bored I wanna do something but don't want to make noise cause my family's asleep so i got up stretched and went and looked at my face warp and try and count all my freckles 5am the warping is gone I have no more head rushes than I just give up and mess around on the Internet cause it was already fucking 5am I knew I want gonna get much sleep anyways 7am don't feel anything I just suppose its gone. 9am the family's up I say good morning to everyone Dad tells me were doing yard work , I honestly was a little tired but not 9:30am I see small warping effects in the grass and leaves in my yard I thought I was gonna be notice able but I was fine 10am I'm sweeping the dirt off my sidewalk for a good 35minutes than I get really winded and tired I just wanna lay down so I go sit in the garage and grab a water bottl I pop the top of it drink 3 big gulps and it's there again that head rush with the colored tunnel vision I feel light headed so I sit down it goes away but I'm still winded 11:45am I'm beat almost tempted to just flop on the couch and sleep but I take a nice decently warm shower thinking it'd do the trick calm me down well everything was cool in the shower I get out and now I have the body high a little weaker than those few hours after I'd taken the acid but its now 12:50 I'm seeing warped things mostly on my iPod keyboard I'm tripping again why is this happening? (Just took a 15mg abilify I have work at 5pm and I'm starting to get really weirded out)

One more thing -- be aware it can take a while to come on. I once had a tab, and 3 hrs later was not feeling it, so I took something else ... then they both came on ... that was my only "bad" trip. So be prepared to wait a while before you feel the effects.

A good friend of mine did some E and some idiot has spiked the E with LSD. I have taken Acid before but my friend had not and she isn't the sort of person that should be taking it in the first place she is stable but a bit on the manic side. After about an hour I realized straight away I was coming up on Acid so had to sit my friend down and ask her if she was feeling any different effects other than E which she has done before she replied yes. I reassured her the best I could that we had taken LSD and there was nothing to worry about it was a safe drug and nothing bad was going to happen and we would just have to ride it out and things would be fine. Then she started to freak out and was going a little nuts. I managed to get a good few alcoholic drinks down her neck which I believe helps calm things down a bit in terms of helping one to relax a little while on Acid it seems to me to slow things down a bit.

well more shenanigans were to follow she was roaming round the house freaking out and I tripping myself had to deal with it the best I could this happened many times during the evening she was loosing it and I was having to calm her down reassure he and pick up the pieces. Acid depends on the person who is taking it and who you are taking it with