• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tripping Off Weed - Is It Possible?

cannablissss

Bluelight Crew
Okay, this has been on my mind a lot. I've always been getting my weed supply from the same person, without any problems. Well, I bought a half g for my friend and she went off and smoked it by herself in this local field.
A little while later, she texted me absolutely freaking out, saying she was SUPER high, and it appeared as if her hands were smaller than usual. Like she was having a trip.
A few more days after this, I decided to get a half g from well, the same guy, thinking nothing of it. I had smoked about half of the bag before I felt REALLY high. The back of my head was buzzing, and something new came about; I couldn't feel my hands. I would poke them with my fingers and not feel the sensation. I kept thinking I was losing oxygen because my fingernails appeared blue; I even hopped in a hot shower to try and warm them up to no avail. I have never gotten laced weed before and wasn't under the influence of any other drug when I smoked.
My friend and I had pretty much the same experience from this. Could it have been laced, or was simply it a bad reaction to my body?

I'd like to add I've been a constant, daily smoker for about 5 years without problems.

Sounds like you just got really really high mate. Depending on the strain of cannabis, you can experience anything from halos around lights to walls warping and slight fractuals (had the latter on high dose edibles).

Also keep in mind that the intensity of a high that you feel can depend on many things that day, such as your blood sugar, amount of sleep etc.

Yes it is possible. Eat about 2-3g of cannabis in prepared food, or a large mg dose of THC that's extracted. Or if you vape or smoke a lot at once in a session and have a low or non-existent tolerance, or get good stuff you can trip off of it as cannabis is a psychedelic.

Last edited:
Indeed. Once I had one awful experience where I literally believed I was getting smaller.
I'd remember asking my sister if everything was okay but she started making fun of the situation.
I was certain something was wrong and the next day my "friend" told me it was because of a 'special' MJ.

You can definitely trip off of cannabis, pretty strongly if you do it right. I do easily just from smoking small amounts with low tolerance. With high tolerance, it's easier using hard-hitting delivery systems like huge bongs or gas masks, taking high doses of edibles, or smoking while lying down in a dark room and meditating. I have gotten to the point of colorful pattern and face visuals with eyes open and dissociative visions with eyes closed, and while meditating out-of-body experiences become easier to achieve. If I smoke enough at once it also gives me a decently strong head trip, though it's usually panicky and unpleasant. If I have significant open eye visuals off of it at all then I'm likely already going a little nuts in my head, and getting a heavy body load like shaking, sweating, heart beating a little faster. I think it's a lot better in the lower dose meditative context personally.

It all depends on the strain and the trip can seem much more intense because of paranoia induced by many sativa strains. But marijuana is a mild hallucinogen along with being a depressant/stimulant(depending on strain) go figure!

I wish I read this post before I made mine! Damn.

That's weird off half a g, but still I trip
from weed often I'd say the noisy vision I get from cannabis turns into fractals only started happened after I did acid and mdma a bunch of times

in my early teenager years, when I was still new to smoking, I always got very trippy effects from even low doses of weed, very detailed CEVs, auditory hallucinations, sometimes even OEVs (in the dark), plus very trippy states of mind and ridiculous music enhancement.

I could still go there if I smoke enough at once, but I have anxiety problems since a couple of years, so high doses of weed are often too anxiogenic, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's normally a bad trip with lots of shaking for me to, and I love tripping on other things.
Used to get cool sometimes, like watching documentaries and having the narrator start talking directly to me, sounding more and more like Vincent Price while the blue glow from the screen took on substance filled with clockwork gears. . . but normally just garden variety paranoia, extreme self-loathing, and the jimmy legs.

Can't know if it's laced or not, but the fact that you've smoked for five years and didn't mention that it tasted really off and like chemicals, and your dealer would likely want more money for more drugs...Nah, pretty sure you just got some really good weed, which might not be good for you, wouldn't be for me.

Thanks for all of your input guys. I've never had a "trippy" experience from just cannabis so it just made me a bit concerned as to why I was feeling that way. I'm going to assume it was a really potent strain and my body wasn't used to it.

You most likely smoked a strong sativa or sativa-dominant strain which known to have higher ratio of THC content to CBD content. Sativa's are known for their more uplifting/stimulatory, cerebral, trippy/more psychedelia properties, which very high THC % can be anxiogenic (causing anxiousness); this can easily explain the reason why you felt like you were tripping, cannabis is classified as a psychedelic entheogen.

I have had many weed-induced "trips", I tend to enjoy them. I have had visuals from potent edibles from the metabolite 11-hydroxy-THC which is more stoning, psychedelic, and potent. It is a different psychedelia than classic tryptamine/phenethylamine psychedelia, but weed heavily potentiates their effects/afterglows.

haven't you seen the panic attack/freakout threads? shit yeah it's possible! it's a psychedelic right??

I've tripped pretty hard from weed, every time I was really stoned (bong rip, edibles) and/or physically tired.

I've gotten stoned to the point where I just don't know what I'm talking about lol, thanks 20 inch bongs. I had yet to trip.. until this experience!

I can trip off of half a spliff now. So potent for some reason no idea why. Over powering thought acceleration also.

haven't you seen the panic attack/freakout threads? shit yeah it's possible! it's a psychedelic right??
I have a had a few freak outs when smoking some good sativa dank. Only if I'm driving but I will be driving and constantly be looking out of the rear view mirror instead of the road and think every car is a cop,good times! Needless to say I either sit home and smoke some or have a designated driver lol.