• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping in hotels or where do you usually trip?

MilanHausnerFan

Bluelighter
I'm curious about where you usually take a trip? At home, at friend's home, outside, in hotels, at work :)D)?

My problem is that I can't really take L whenever I want to, cos I still live with parents and I'm rarely alone at home. I use to trip at my friend's home, but it's not so comfortable and flexible, for example if I want to trip with my gf (deep conversations and sex). Or outside, what isn't really possible now, while it's winter. I was thinking about hotel for maybe one afternoon and night, but I'm not really sure about that idea. Do you have any experiences with tripping in hotels? Or any other ideas?

- MHF

tripping in hotels or out camping is ok. You could freak out that you are in an unknown place and people are watching you. but its probably your best bet considering the situation with your parents

I've spent the tail end of trips in hotel rooms after an event, or after we finished what the main activity of the trip was (return to hotel after hiking all day or something), just socializing and chilling. But I've never made a hotel room the actual setting for a trip, like begin and end the trip hanging out in a hotel room, thats sounds nothing short of a nightmare. It's a small, enclosed space in a building full of management and other people staying there. I think you'd start tripping and realize how bad of an idea it was very quickly.

I just don't trip in the winter, period. Since where I am its cold, not many ours of sunlight, looks dreary outside, i'm in school, etc.

Ideally, camping/camping festivals. You get to be outdoors, theres entertainment, don't have responsibilities hanging over your head, etc. Your "real life" is sort of out of site and out of mind, make sit easier to just let go and live in the moment. And the most important part, you don't have to pretend to be sober ever really, not that you should be out of control, but the most uncomfortable/worst trips I've had were back in the day when I was all worried about mom n dad finding out. Leads to huge paranoia and even guilt.

Camping is a good idea to try, but tbh I don't do comping at all.

I prefer not being social during the trip. I'm not very social even when I'm sober, but while tripping, socializing is really unpleasant for me. So, some camping festival is nothing for me.
Being closed in the hotel room is not so horrible for me if I would be with the right person. The only thing I don't like about staying in hotel is being disturbed by the staff.

(Forgetting about the "real life" is also not what I want to achieve while tripping. For me it's easier to solve my "life problems" during a trip and it pretty help me even after when I'm sober, so that's the main reason why I trip. But that's OT a bit.)

I agree that the best is to trip outside in summer during sunny days.

- MHF

Best place we used to trip was in a log cabin we had when in college. The wood grain looked so amazing in motion and we had a fire pit and trees , big sky of stars . Like others have said I have only really tripped in the summer . Never done it at a hotel .

You guys its WINTER, I don't think camping is a good idea... maybe later in the year.

I personally had a bad experience on mushrooms in a hotel, but your mileage may vary.

You guys its WINTER, I don't think camping is a good idea... maybe later in the year.

I personally had a bad experience on mushrooms in a hotel, but your mileage may vary.

Yes, ofc I would go camping only in summer.
Why was you experience with shrooms bad in the hotel? What happened?

- MHF

Well, to be fair, it was already a bad trip before I even got to the hotel. I was stranded with a couple of friends in the middle of winter with no way home. It was getting dark. I was pretty scared. And when we got in a room, it never really got any better. I wouldn't blame the hotel room.

In nature, with birds, butterflies, stars...

"We'll hold hands an' then we'll watch the sun rise
From the bottom of the sea" (Hendrix)

If you can, of course. I'm aware it's not always possible, there may be physical, mental or financial limitations.