View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping in a month

lilxan

Greenlighter
Hello i am planning on tripping in about a month from now which will be my birthday. I am going to do acid and i was wondering if theres anything i need to know because to be honest i know nothing about this drug. is there any do's and dont's to taking acid were should i go what should i expect and am i gonna be uncapable of doing anything when tripping or will i be able to talk to my parents and other people in public without sounding like a retard?

So it depends on a few things... mainly the dose you take and the setting in which you take it. I'd recommend around 100-150ug for your first trip, which is usually one tab. Take the acid with a friend who is also going to be tripping - or with a friend who can just stay with you thought your trip. A common misconception is that you will be able to act normal, spoiler alert, you cannot. Please make sure you have at least 15 hours free time to trip through and one full day after for recovery - trust me you will need it.

Your trip will be awesome, LSD is a wonderdrug and you will be blown away. I'd recommend just listening to music with eyes closed in a dark room - thats my favorite thing to do :). Just please, please, please make sure you don't have to interact with parents or any of that nonsense... they will know your on drugs. Your pupils will go huge too.

Just your mindset. Go into the trip completely open. Don't shut anything out. I had a bad experience my first trip (just a small portion of the trip) and it was very profound experience that I am glad happened:).

Remember, youre just trippin8(

Make sure you're somewhere comfortable with minimal distractions.
You don't want to have to interact with straight people, telephones, etc.
Have some good music, maybe some snacks and refreshments close by. It's difficult to do things like...buy food, conduct any sort of financial transaction or normal social interaction on acid, so it's always good to be as prepared as possible.

There is plenty of informationon bluelight about taking acid/psychedelics for the first time if you search through a few threads you'll find a bunch of other people's wisdom.
Enjoy! First trips can be something really profound and special

I'd use that month to read up on it, read trip reports, read about effects it has on you. Get your playlist sorted beforehand.
And no don't talk to your parents in fact you shouldn't be anywhere near your parents while you're on LSD. As far as talking to strangers, at higher doses talking on psychedelics becomes hard, your mouth cannot keep up and follow the thought process acid puts you in. It's easier when others trip too.

Set and setting is the most important thing, ever, with any drug use.

Set is your internal state. Did you just break up with a bf/gf. Did something difficult happen today at school/work. These type of events affect how we feel. Similiarly, did you get good news today, or have a great experience. The effect on how we feel from these type of events is the set.

Setting is the environment. Are you taking a drug on the streets with no refuge if things get scary or hard? Are you at a friends house but its posible parent might barge in? These events will potentially have a negstive affect on the trip.

Plan to take when set and setting are right. This will help greatly to ensureing best possible experiences

The setting neds to provide you with space and time for the experience, not to have to interact with normalcy

Hello i am planning on tripping in about a month from now which will be my birthday. I am going to do acid and i was wondering if theres anything i need to know because to be honest i know nothing about this drug. is there any do's and dont's to taking acid were should i go what should i expect and am i gonna be uncapable of doing anything when tripping or will i be able to talk to my parents and other people in public without sounding like a retard?

Do it in a safe place that you control, preferably in a room where you won't be bothered with a trusted friend to trip-sit for you. You won't be able to talk to your parents or other people in public (or at least, don't count on it).

As others have mentioned, do some reading. Use the internet, use the search function on this forum. There is an absolutely huge amount of information on LSD out there.