• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping consecutive days LSD or 4-ho-met first?

chemicaldiscovery

Bluelighter
Hey all,

This coming weekend is my bachelor party weekend. Some cousins, friends and I are going to Disney world for the weekend and I will finally be able to scratch "tripping at Disney" off my bucket list. I was originally planning to just trip on 4-ho-met one day but yesterday I came across a connection for really good LSD. So I'm thinking maybe I should make it a two day thing. No flipping. Just one day the met and one day the cid. My question is mainly cross-tolerance related. Which should I take the first day to have the best experience both days. My research suggests taking the tryptamines the first day will be better than the inverse? What is your experience? Should I do this and if so would I need more acid to trip the day after the met? Thanks!

I would take the 4-HO-MET first because I believe that LSD causes relatively more tolerance generally. Should correlate with potency or 5ht2a affinity unless I am mistaken e.g. DOX and 25X-NBOMe also seem relatively hard for your tolerance.

But... it's case dependent.. on the person, general tolerance, setting and more factors. I got a second trip on AL-LAD (although milder) yesterday redosing after the first trip, but I have virtually no tolerance at all now. I have no idea what would have happened if I had waited 24 hours between trips.
Most people seem to think that after the peak hits, the sooner you redose the more pointless it is. I honestly don't know if that is true.

Thanks Soli,
I think I'm going to take ~40mg 4-HO-MET oral the first day and then 2-3 hits of LSD the second day. As I want both trips to be drawn out a little and not overly intense I will probably take 2 20mg capsules spaced out by about an hour or 3 15mg capsules spaced out 45 minutes each and then on the second day I will start with 1 blotter and add a blotter every hour until I feel like I'm good or hit 3 blotters. I'm sure that should be enough, right now I have a moderate tolerance to tryptamines but no tolerance to LSD as I haven't taken any in about 7 years. Thanks again!

(note: these blotters are laid between 150-170 ug)

Tryptamines and LSD have crossed tolerance.

40mg 4-ho-met in a Disneyland setting might be a bit intensive...
...And 450ug-510ug might definetely be too intensive.

Yeah, MET first...IMO. Its shorter duration SHOULD cause less tolerance...no data, just a feeling.
Also, if you have a tolerance to tryptamines then you'll be somewhat tolerant to LSD too. 7 days, 7 years, same thing basically. After a week or three it's back to square one anyway...pretty much.

Last edited:
We have a 'theme park' central thread, look for it in the PD Index..

My experiences with it is that taking high dose 2C-B with a crowd I didn't know well enough alienated me, while moderately dosed LSD at six flags with friends just happened to make everything more special and intense, I was just myself. But looking back the biggest factor was how I felt / how I was doing, and how I related to those around me.

Don't do high doses at a theme park unless you plan for unpredictable insanity :\ Can often go very awry. Instead take a lower dose than you normally would, because of setting based tolerance (you will be more sensitive at a 'magical place')

4-HO-MET's duration is not the decisive factor, NBOMe compounds don't act particularly long but they bind strongly and are rumored to cause serious tolerance. Something we also see happening with completely different high-affinity drugs.
The duration is merely the window in which the drug acts and that action includes causing tolerance, but the more decisive factor relates to how heavily tachyphylaxis occurs: immediate and deep tolerance.

Last edited:
4-HO-MET's duration is not the decisive factor, NBOMe compounds don't act particularly long but they bind strongly and are rumored to cause serious tolerance. Something we also see happening with completely different high-affinity drugs.
The duration is merely the window in which the drug acts and that action includes causing tolerance, but the more decisive factor relates to how heavily tachyphylaxis occurs: immediate and deep tolerance.
Thanks for that...i think i get it,,,maybe. A pharmacist friend of mine warned me that n-bomes could "burn out" your serotonin receptors...???

Thanks guys. I just want to say that I really appreciate your insight. I am naturally very tolerant to all drugs. Including psychedelics. For example upon getting this batch of 4-HO-MET an after doing an allergy test I slowly worked up my doses from 5 mg insufflated and over several months of researching with each experience spaced out about 3 weeks I've found my "sweet spot" to be about 30mg. Meanwhile my fiancé and friends are all dosing between 5-15 mg and having a ball so I know it's not a potency issue. It's just always been this way for me. All of those experiments (minus one oral) were insufflated. So now maybe you can see how I plan to space out 40mg oral and don't expect it to be overwhelming. That said I understand your concern and will chip at the dosage to get started. Just 20mg oral to start the first day with the option of going up to about 40mg and the second day starting with just one blotter the day after THAT trip and working my way up hourly to a max of 3 I think will be safe. As far as set and setting playing into it, I'm always comfortable tripping in public and this will be my bachelor party weekend so I'll be surrounded by my closest friends and my cousins. I know I'm going to be in a great mood and that aspect isn't a worry to me! Thanks for all your input!

Well then, sounds like you are set... Congratulations and good luck in your new life with your new wife and , as always, have fun!

Thanks guys. I just want to say that I really appreciate your insight. I am naturally very tolerant to all drugs. Including psychedelics. For example upon getting this batch of 4-HO-MET an after doing an allergy test I slowly worked up my doses from 5 mg insufflated and over several months of researching with each experience spaced out about 3 weeks I've found my "sweet spot" to be about 30mg. Meanwhile my fiancé and friends are all dosing between 5-15 mg and having a ball so I know it's not a potency issue. It's just always been this way for me. All of those experiments (minus one oral) were insufflated. So now maybe you can see how I plan to space out 40mg oral and don't expect it to be overwhelming. That said I understand your concern and will chip at the dosage to get started. Just 20mg oral to start the first day with the option of going up to about 40mg and the second day starting with just one blotter the day after THAT trip and working my way up hourly to a max of 3 I think will be safe. As far as set and setting playing into it, I'm always comfortable tripping in public and this will be my bachelor party weekend so I'll be surrounded by my closest friends and my cousins. I know I'm going to be in a great mood and that aspect isn't a worry to me! Thanks for all your input!

I was just testing the waters to see how you reacted. You sound sensible, so you'll go from good to wonderful stoping in amazing to have a look at the views. And ya, that's a suggestion so just unconciously take it.

My own idiosyncrasy gave very bad results redosing psychedelics. Mainly LSD and Shrooms. Just saw one time after another that whoever ate 2 blotters in 1 go, just got much more. But everybody around me went on with the numerous dosages. Losing intensity and gaining duration and dicksizing.
But lately I'm finding quite lots of experienced people who redose and don't seem to have a problem. So maybe I should try again.

I started research with 4-ho-met and I just did 25mg oral around 2 months ago. It was perfect starting dose and I believe around 40-50mg could be my sweet spot. But alone in my room not in Disneyland.

Last edited:
But lately I'm finding quite lots of experienced people who redose and don't seem to have a problem. So maybe I should try again.
I appreciate your input. The group is like 8 guys and it will only be me and one other guy tripping. We don't want to just be laughing and crying and having insane conversations because we don't want to be like us too in our own world and the others in their world. We still want the whole group to be jiving together. So this friend and I did a test run along with my fiance Sunday evening. We were a little nervous about how strong to dose and all that to maximize the experience already and then my source called me the day after dropping some blotter from this new batch to tell me that this batch was much stronger than he had expected. (He'd estimated to me beforehand that they would be between 150-180 ug based on his experiences with this source in the past. Me and my buddy each just dropped 1 blotter with the fiance dropping only a half (her first time with LSD) We had a great time but it was definitely stronger than your average tab. I know this isnt a very accurate measurement but from my experience I'd estimate them to be around 200 ug. Either way it became clear to us that the best way would be to cut our remaining blotters in half and dose slowly with half a blotter to start. Once we've mostly come up on that we will drop another half. And so on every hour or so until we reach nirvana. I feel that with this method we can trip pretty much all day and build slowly so that by the end of the night we'd just be coming down from a heroic adventure. Thats my plan anyway. Let me know what you think. Also input on the following would be appreciated. The plan, as of now, per my best man is:
Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM) Friday
Epcot - Saturday with a dinner reservation at 9:15 in downtown Disney
Magic Kingdom - Sunday
Sunday one guy is leaving at 1 and 3 guys need to be at the airport by 6-6:30 and the park closes at 11
My original plan was to do Magic Kingdom Saturday and trip all day, do all the kiddie stuff and splash/space mountains. But we have the dinner reservation at 9:15 and I'm guessing since you can't really drink at MK that my cousin planned Epcot for this day because its the only FULL day which makes sense for the other guys. So now I'm trying to replan the best day for the acid. So now I'm thinking i need to do LSD either friday at Hollywood Studios, which is awesome (we could also do MGM and hop over to MK for the second half of friday as a possibility) or should I wait til Sunday and drop in the early afternoon so I would be saving the peak for MK Sunday where the group would be smaller and we could chill all day and watch the fireworks before heading home. I live in FL so its only a 2 hour drive home. What do you guys think?