View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping again after a bad first trip?!

Houseeveryweekend

Greenlighter
Around eight months ago I tried acid for the first time. I was very excited about expanding my mind and was almost certain I would have a good trip. I was wrong. I took ~200ug of tested LSD, tripped in the day at 11am in my house, my house-mates were all in but they were sober (I was the only one on acid). The first 3 hours were weird, I enjoyed music but was overall very confused, I could communicate with my housemates, and struggled with what was going on around me, my body felt uncomfortable and 'heavy'. Around the 3/4 hour mark is when 'the fear' kicked in! I got really really anxious and scared that the trip would never end, I thought I was going insane!!! Time seemed to drag forever!

Anyway I'm going to trip again soon. This time it'll be with a friend. Any tips on how I can have a more enjoyable trip?

There are 2 issues you need to address - dose and substance. On dose, some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. By much lower I mean everyone you're with is taking 2-3 tabs and having a great time, and you can only safely handle 1/4 tab. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Rule #1: Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose, even those you know well. Only you can establish your own tolerance to these substances. You do this by trial and error. Start with a quarter tab, and if that goes well, next time try a half. You need to follow this procedure with every new batch of every single substance. Remember, 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than another, so even if you did well with 1/2 tab of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head if you take 1/2 tab of something else. Mind we're not even talking different drug here, it might even be a different batch from the same source that just happens to be much stronger than the first. Always approach your tolerance gradually with every new substance/batch.

Now to substance. There are some amazing RCs out there these days, and the one(s) you choose can make all the difference. There are two that people are saying such great things about, I just want to share those with you - 4-HO-MET (5mg is the place to start), and ALD-52 (1/4 blotter, or 30 mics to begin). There's a lot of information on Bluelight about these. Something else to bear in mind: Mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so I advise you to steer clear of those until you have more experience.

Set and setting. People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke when your tripping. And last but not least, take it from me, tripping in public is not a good idea.

flammarion-c1.jpg

Last edited: