• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripped yesterday but wasn't as good as first time?

Firth

Bluelighter
I taken one 110 mcg tab of acid last night, peaked, went for a walk; unlike the other time I've used acid, I wasn't able to 'drop out' from reality as well, I found the first time I was getting lost in my music a hell of a lot to the point where I disconnect from the world (common?) and enjoyed this feeling, visuals were strong and good, thoughts flowed very well. 3 days prior I used 3G of cubensis mushrooms. Most recently trip was wasn't like this, it was quite boring really. Why may this be? My last LSD use was 3 weeks prior, about a week later I tried 25i-NBOMe. +2 on shulgin scale as opposed to +3 last time.

The first tab was alleged to be 200mcg, but apparently this probably isn't a true reading as people frequently over-estimate doses?

May 2 tabs of this 110mcg blotter be better to reach the desired level of effects.

You should titrate up your dosage slowly until you find what you're looking for. Two tabs will definitely give you stronger effects if you only took one. Take enough acid and it's almost impossible to be bored. Set and setting plays a huge role-- this should not be underemphasized. Ever smoked a bowl in your bedroom and felt like you didn't really get that high, then on another occasion smoke an equivalent amount somewhere you've never been and feel like you're getting a taste of the sublime? Frequency is an issue too; tripping frequently (as in, more than once a month or once every 2-3 months) will make the experience less novel and therefore be perceived as "boring." Try to space out your trips, or only trip on special occasions so you're not just bored looking for things to entertain yourself. Importantly, don't trip just because you're bored and there's nothing else to do. If you're not getting enough effects, try meditation. Sometimes complete silence makes me trip out harder than when I have music on, because music gives direction to the trip and makes it feel like everything's flowing, then when the silence comes my attention shoots out in all directions and I realize I'm further out than I thought. Combinations can bump up a trip as well, but in the interest of harm reduction, I would never advise you to take some ketamine on an acid trip to make things a little wilder. ;)

I was considering ketamine & LSD, but I won't be doing it. I didn't really like ketamine alone. I plan to Candy flip in around 3 weeks which I look forward too. A friend wants to trip in a weeks time, should there be any lasting tolerance after 7 days? I would dose 2 tabs.

Last edited:
How is it even a question? Look at all the psychedelics you're using, look at how close of a time-frame you're using them in, and then ask yourself why your LSD isn't working as good as it did. Tolerance, and you're losing the novelty because you're "getting used to" the psychedelic state so it's not "blowing your mind" anymore.

Psychedelic experiences are what you make out of them. Pay attention to your set and setting and think about what you're honestly trying to get out of the drug. Are you looking to really dive into your mind, or are you looking to have a fun time? There's a big difference, and a place for both. If you're going for walks on your trip then you're most likely not really doing much "mind-diving", which is totally fine and can be profound in itself. If you find yourself preparing a trip environment all around your bed, setting up a puke bucket, notifying a friend that you're dosing, and lying down most of your trip, then you might be in it for a mind journey.

Bottom line though, traditional psychedelics are some of the (physically) safest drugs out there and normally are ok to re-dose on (I can't speak for RC's), so if you aren't tripping the way you'd like to, just take more! Careful though....psychological damage is 100x worse than physical and has no remedy, so don't mindfuck yourself!

If I'm reading correctly it sounds like you've had four trips in three weeks on cross-tolerant substances. No wonder you're developing some tolerance. If you want another trip like your first one, you'll have to take a long break.

You need to take a break, really you need to wait about 2 weeks between psychedelic trips for best effects.