• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripped acid for the first time w/ 3 tabs. Not sure what to make of it Advice?

ilovetolurk

Greenlighter
Did this alone. I had the intention going in to become a better person. Had a playlist set up alone in the room.
Started 11:45 ish. Took 1 tab first to see if it was bitter and a nBOME. Nothing. Put the other two in. 12:30ish is when the words on my book started getting bolded in waves. I'm guessing the body load was me feeling shivery and jittery. The come up was gradual but very nice. Peaked with music and felt like I was 5 again. Everything was novel and I had a new 5th sense for it. Every note in a song sent me to a new emotional state. I played a song that was covered live and I was there 100%. I recorded tidbits of this on my computer and afterwards saw myself shivering to the song. That feeling was 10/10.

1:30ish is when things turned -- not a bad trip, but not enjoyable. I did not want to stay inside my room. I had a window and nature looked beautiful. I also began to feel slightly claustrophobic but in the back of my mind I knew to change setting. (This did not work, I should've stayed) I attempted, tried, to pack my things (food, water, laptop w/ music) but the thought loops that repeated as I tried to do this was laborious. When I did manage to leave the building, I was too self conscious to enjoy the trip. I didn't realize that the walk over to the park would require me to pass by people. I believe I attempted to fight the trip in an effort to maintain face in public but I think that was what destroyed the experience. By the time I got there the park was filled anyways so I returned back.

It was 4 PM, back in the dorm. Only around 3/4 hours since I first dropped. I had visuals still and was consciously hallucinating, but I believe I was coming down. I was bummed. While I steered my way out of a potentially bad trip, I think I had also killed it. I only had a warm afterglow in the hours from 4 - 6.

Since then, right now at 12am, I've been mildly depressed. LSD allowed to see the extent of my emotions, but I cannot find a way to translate it to this reality. Everything seems so mundane and repetitive now that I sobered up. During the day when I was passing by people I could only cast thoughts as to how phony everything was. Now that the trip is definitely over, I don't see how I can apply this thought to better anything. LSD's comedown did not offer me an introspective self-reflection, only a fatigued apathetic mood. If anything, I would've thought this was what MDMA feels like with the euphoric state I was in and the comedown immediately after.

What went wrong? I think I should've stayed in the room. Being around sober people killed it.

I think you're right that trying to fight it to "save face", as you put it, is what turned it on you. On the other hand I understand feeling claustrophobic. Honestly if you want to do it again, you should do it at a place where you can roam around without running into other people. I really like to take psychedelics when I'm camping, somewhere out in nature away from people. Nature provides literally endless input for psychedelics, just looking at any given point has an infinite amount of detail that pulls your mind into universal patterns of thought. But if you're around sober people you don't know, you start to worry about what they might think about that guy sitting there staring at blades of grass with wild eyes. :)

Every trip is different. Sometimes you will just come down with a sense of despondency. That's a shame, but you can always go back if you're so inclined and see what happens next.

Tripping in public is always a challenge when it's your first time on a substance. I would definitely advise spending the first trips alone or with friends to get used to the headspace before you go for a stroll down the street. Personally, the first time I did this, at a national park, I spent most of the trip fighting agoraphobia and trying my very best to look disinterested at how everything was freaking melting.

Oh, and packing everything to go outside? I know what you mean, it seems to take forever and it completely throws you out of your psychedelic thoughtstream.

Three hits is a bold first dose, well done for handling it so well.

I agree with Xorkoth, if you have the ability to go camping some time in the summer when all is warm and comfy do so. Make sure it is secluded and yet at the same time familiar...... paranoia about wandering too far and getting lost can be a motherfucker...... did that in the woods once and got caught on a trail in a though loop that probably only lasted 2 minutes but seemed like an hour...... luckily I was not alone, and my bro got me straight.... he could tell I was being too quiet.... I did not want to get lost but he knew his way around.

If you are gonna go for intensity and go for 3 again, I recommend a day trip. eat a decent lunch healthy but not heavy, make sure you pre pack for any excursion from your site, and drop around 3 pm or so.

This way your down time will flow into a blissful sleep and you wake up feeling new. If you can find a partner / friend / lover . to do it with more power to ya

I second the idea of day tripping, it's such a nice experience when you're out in nature, it's my favorite kind of trip by far.

Never ever had a bad day trip in nature, not saying it can't happen. I had an awesome day trip on the beach even though people /strangers were around, the sunglasses protected me from pupil recognition anxiety.

So many people go for the trip and night, and granted I get the reason why, far less in the way of responsibility at night, especially when you are young, but the day is there to be seized and enjoyed!!!