• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trip report - 2g mushrooms and 330mg of MDMA (fantastic combo!)

tlvguy33

Greenlighter
So this was my second time doing mushrooms, last one was a month ago. At the first time (2g mushrooms) I had a wild ride, full of scary moments, crazy sense of wonder, super strong introspective and self acceptance that brought me to tears of joy at the end. This time I decided to try the hippy flip after reading a lot before.

The basics - I was at home, lying on the couch, it was 9 am, nice light from outside. Ate the 2g mushrooms and drank the Molly (180 mg) at the same time. Prepared a good, fun playlist with positive only songs, nothing about broken hearts, death or any other hardship.

The mushrooms started kicking in after 40 minutes or so. I saw everything morphing and decided that this trip will be more about the closed eye visuals. With the music fitting in, the mushrooms gave me fantastic and colorful visuals. It was beautiful. In my mind, the mushrooms were 5 little ones that started dancing in a grass field, while I pictured the MDMA as those 4 big letters asking them to join. It went on for 30-60 minutes until the mushrooms decided to turn things ugly, as anyone who had taken knows. They started giving me ugly visuals of rotting things for a brief moment, and that's when I felt the MDMA is restraining them.
In my mind, the MDMA were 4 guys in tracksuits, running on a treadmill that kept telling me it's all going to be alright. The mushrooms were wild and extremely unexpected, but the MDMA was familiar and very calming. It became sort of a weird dynamic in my mind with the mushrooms being like a kid superhero who didn't master his power yet, while the MDMA is the one trying to tame the lion. I kept talking to them - how much I appreciated both at that moment.

The MDMA was at one point (maybe 2.5 hours in) signalling to me that it's running out and needs more, it was actually a guy showing me an empty canister and saying I gotta fill up. God knows how, I was able to use the digital scale, crush a little more and drink it (150 mg). Once that was done, I immediately felt my confidence rising again and knew that this trip is going to be awesome.

On my first trip the scary moments came between t+60 and t+120, approximately. In this one, once I crossed t+150 I started feeling amazing because I knew the time window for a bad trip was over. I don't know if it's true for real, but this is how I felt.

During the next hour or two I kept talking to 4 different entities - the mushrooms (they just wanted to have fun!), the MDMA (it was solid as a rock), the music (which I felt like she's the great mother) and time itself, which I imagined as a guy that's sneaking and bending a little resources to the mushrooms. It was a fantastic feeling and I really felt like I could understand everything that I was going through.

One super funny thing I recall was watching TV without sound, and when they interviewed someone, I saw his lips moving and it seemed like I was watching it in fast forward. It was a crazy illusions, his mouth was moving extremely fast. Didn't make sense even when I turned the volume on.

I kept having fun until the mushrooms started wearing off sharply, (t+5:00), and shortly after the MDMA comedown started happening as well. I was exhausted but very content, except for a rough hour or two in which I couldn't imagine myself going back to work tomorrow. Got some sleep and now (t+11:00) I'm writing this. I'm even a little hungry which never happens to me after MDMA - and I'm not depressed at all.

Some after thoughts and tips:
1. Compared to mushrooms only, I felt this was a lot less wild. The mushrooms are like riding the dragon, with the MDMA it was more like riding a horse. You can still fall, but it's not as wild and unexpected. I really felt it restraining the mushrooms, and I mean it in a good way.

2. Now I remember that I did have some introspective, it was visualised beautifully as drawers with locks. This is probably about my failed DMT attempts and I promised myself to stop trying for a while, seeing that the whole experience had a negative effect on my mood.

3. Music is everything - the playlist controlled my mood and enhanced it. There was one song with aggressive words ("You gotta love me") that really made me feel afraid, luckily I was strong enough to go change it in the other room.

4. Preparation is important - doing things while tripping is hard. I guess you all know that, just a heads up if you intend to take another Molly hit - better prepare it in advance.

5. I'm not sure if I'll ever want to do mushrooms without molly again - time will tell. The calming effect was just what I needed after that emotional rollercoaster on the first trip.

6. Life is beautiful, if you consider trying this combo, go for it. It felt a lot safer than mushrooms only, so to me that's a no brainer.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I also tried this combo over the weekend and absolutely fell in love! Had the most intense, raging euphoria, writhing around the floor listening to nice ambient music. ended up adding in some 2c-c and LSD but I think tolerance had become an issue by that point and it only kept me awake with slight visuals.

I do much prefer the mushroom/mdma combo over LSD/mdma combo which I have tried many times.