View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Trip Guide

Mcracken420

Bluelighter
I know that there is an overwhelming amount of information on tripping on the internet but I wanted to make my own guide to psychedelics. The main reason I'm writing this is because I want to write down my thoughts to help myself. This guide is going to focus on mushrooms, which I am very experienced with and comfortable with, but most of this information will be applicable to all psychedelics. If this is unorganized, it's because my thoughts are currently all over the place since I'm preparing for my first hippie-flip tonight. Some of these tips I'm sure some people will strongly disagree with, such as eating beforehand, but it works for me and hopefully this will inspire people to try new routines and the like.

So, to start out I take the mushrooms I'm about to ingest and break them up into lemon juice. I do not use a coffer grinder or anything like that because I think it's unnecessary. Probably helps, but I don't need one. I use lemon juice for the obvious benefits: a stronger trip and faster come up. Beginners obviously shouldn't do this. The second reason I do it is to make it more palatable. I can just drink the lemon juice and mushroom pieces straight up, which has a pleasant taste as opposed to chewing dry mushrooms. I don't add anything else to the juice. Let it soak for about an hour.

To prepare for the trip, I have a clean meal and drink lots of water. I am emphasizing water and nutrition tonight since I'll also be taking MDMA. Eating beforehand helps reduce nausea for me, but I know it doesn't help most people. I rarely if ever get nausea with mushrooms, partly because the meal helps settle my stomach. I usually eat an hour or two before the trip.

When I'm alone, I really just trip for fun, partly for religious reasons (ironic). Music is a necessity, as it can be boring without it and I think music plays a bigger role in if I have a good or bad trip than anything else. I have never really had a bad trip on mushrooms on a significant dose because I'm always alone and with good music when I do large amounts of psychedelics. I also know exactly when I'll be dosing, and since I don't like waking up too late, if I'm doing it at night I'll dose early (like 7 or 8)

For me at least, negative things in my life don't affect my trips. I have had some experiences alone and with family/friends that would be considered "traumatic" (that's what other people that were there with me said), so mindset isn't really a problem. If anything, the trip just blocks out those negative thoughts. Of course, I never suffered any childhood abuse or the like, and I am simply not affected by trauma or a bad mindset, so don't do what I do unless you are sure you'll be ok. Only trip when you're in a good headspace and be prepared for anything.

I usually keep a computer or another electronic device near me with a game or something on it because I've found that that's the best way to distract myself enough to save me from a bad trip.

Anyway, the last thing I like to do is shower right as the mushrooms start kicking in. It just adds to the experience and I think kicks off the trip.

Youtube Video Music if you want it: