• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Trio 'brutally beat to death 20-year-old man over a stolen bong'

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
'That's what happens when you steal': Trio 'brutally beat 20-year-old man over a stolen bong, forced him to eat cat litter and urinated on him before posting his murder on Snapchat'

Two brothers and their female friend have been arrested in Milwaukee and charged with torturing and beating to death a 20-year-old man, whose killing was then posted on his own Snapchat account.

According to criminal complaints, Delvin Mendoza-Chaparro spent his final moments being forced-fed cat litter and feces, urinated on and punched more than two dozen times before his assailants dumped him next
to some garbage cans in an alley in 14-degree weather on the night of December 19.

The trio of suspect in the brutal killing, identified as Devin Katzfey, 20, Branden Katzfey, 19, and Sarah Zakzesky, 20, have each been charged with first-degree reckless homicide.

3BB3523A00000578-0-image-m-46_1483029960906.jpg
3BB3522600000578-0-image-a-47_1483029967296.jpg
3BB3521A00000578-0-image-a-48_1483029967296.jpg
rio charged: Devin Katzfey, 20 (left), Branden Katzfey, 19 (center), and Sarah Zakzesky, 20 (right), have each been charged with first-degree reckless homicide in the beating death of a Milwaukee man on December 19 that was posted on social media

3BB3522100000578-0-image-a-42_1483029942095.jpg

Brutalized: Delvin Mendoza-Chaparro, 20, spent his final moments being forced-fed cat litter and feces, urinated on and punched more than two dozen times

Charging documents cited by the station Fox 6 Now allege that the Katzfey brothers and Zakzesky attacked Mendoza-Chaparro because they suspected him of trying to steal drug paraphernalia from them.

Through interviews and review of video evidence, the younger Katzfey brother has been identified as the main aggressor. In the Snapchat videos, he was being referred to as 'Superman.'

The incident began unfolding at Zakzesky’s apartment in the 400 block of West Rogers Street in Milwaukee where the three man and woman had spent the night smoking marijuana together.

The 20-year-old woman said she was going in and out of consciousness. At one point, she woke up and had sex with Branden Katzfey. At the time, she noticed that Mendoza-Chaparro was asleep on the living room floor.

Sometime later, Zakzesky said she was awakened by Devin Katzfey, who told her that Mendoza-Chaparro had tried to steal a bong, a pipe and other related items.

Despite his repeated protestations of innocence, the 20-year-old man was dragged by his feet into the kitchen, where according to the complaints, the three suspects took turns pummeling him.

It was later determined that the man was struck 25 times until he passed out. While he was unconscious, he was punched and kicked some more. Mendoza-Chaparro ultimately died from blunt force trauma to his head.

Zakzesky told police the victim ‘didn't even [have] a chance to raise his fists and fight man to man,’ according to a complaint. The woman allegedly admitted to punching the 20-year-old in the face five times and
kicking him three times because she was angry at him for stealing.

In the course of the ordeal, Devin Katzfey allegedly forced Mendoza-Chaparro to eat kitty litter along with cat excrement, while his younger brother allegedly relieved himself on the 20-year-old man.

Mendoza-Chaparro's killing was captured in three separate Snapchat videos, the first of which showed him lying on the floor in a state of semi-consciousness. A man's voice can be heard off camera: 'This is what happens when you steal... You got knocked the f*** out, b****. Don't ever come and steal.'

A second video posted on the social media app reportedly showed the victim lying motionless and covered in blood. Again, a man's voice says, 'That's what happens when you try to steal.'

3BB3522E00000578-0-image-a-52_1483030009195.jpg

'Ringleader': Police identified Devin Katzfey, seen here in court, as the main aggressor

The third and final video depicted a bloodied Mendoza-Chaparro sprawled on the kitchen floor next to a box of kitty litter. At one point, he makes an attempt to get to his feet but is kicked to the ground.

Sarah Zakzesky repeatedly urged the Katzfey brothers to take Mendoza-Chaparro to a hospital, but Devin refused, according to court documents.

Instead, the trio of accomplices drove an unconscious Mendoza-Chaparro to an alley near 6th and Hayes streets and dumped him in a snowbank.

Zakzesky recalled that the 20-year-old man could not stand or sit up on his own.

When he was found by police, he was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, which were pulled down. He had no shoes or socks on, despite the frigid Wisconsin weather.

Following his arrest on Monday, Devin Katzfey was ordered held on $200,000 bond, while his brother's bond was set at $10,000; a judge set Sarah Zakzesky's bond at $50,000.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-posting-murder-Snapchat.html#ixzz4UHr2WYTG

Mendoza-Chaparro's killing was captured in three separate Snapchat videos, the first of which showed him lying on the floor in a state of semi-consciousness. A man's voice can be heard off camera: 'This is what happens when you steal... You got knocked the f*** out, b****. Don't ever come and steal.'

Fast forward to today and "this is what happens when you react like a child... you got locked the f**** up, b**** next time think before you act" I probably wouldnt react this way if i got 1000 dollars stolen from me let alone some piece of mass produced glass.

Fast forward to today and "this is what happens when you react like a child... you got locked the f**** up, b**** next time think before you act" I probably wouldnt react this way if i got 1000 dollars stolen from me let alone some piece of mass produced glass.

Agreed what a bunch of idiots, as sad as it is to say hopefully someone brutalizes these three low life pieces of shit.

This is what gives drug users a bad name.

As if one person couldn't have most likey stopped all of this at any point before they left him to die.

Enjoy your life as stupid caged animals. Good thing you get some respect or something outta this right...? 8)

That first dude has the look of a retarded jail rat.. well one at the beginning of a long sentence.

Milwakee is a wofld class shit hole in parts.. Only place I have ever been arm robbed. 12 year old with a handgun.. knew it was real because it was so rusty.. must have just dug that thing up.

Last edited:
Downright disgusting.
No material good could be worth killing someone over, whether it's a bong or 50 12kg bars of gold. Hell, if someone stole my engagement ring, the most I'd give them is a slap in the face. Some outlets are going to try to spin this as a cautionary tale against marijuana, but the marijuana has little to do with it. The 'stereotypical' stoner I know would be irritated but think, "they probably need it more than I do if they're going to steal it". These are just shitty people who happen to smoke weed; nothing more, nothing less.

How stupid do you have to be to post your crimes on snapchat? It baffles me how people could be so dumb

Did you see the dumb asses who broadcasted the kidnapping and torture of a man on Facebook live? ;)
People are stupid.

everytime I purchase or use illegal drugs i make sure to broadcast in on facebook live