• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trintellix (Vortioxetine) and Modafinil

theredturban

Greenlighter
New to Bluelight & excited to join the community!

I'm currently on Trintellix, 10mg daily. Thinking about getting some modafinil to help overcome some of the cognitive effects of the Trintellix.

Anyone have experience with taking both of these/advice on drug interactions?

Thanks in advance!

Both drugs are fairly new and you're probably going to have a hard time locating pertinent information on the combination. As far as my research indicates, there aren't any glaring issues with combining the two. Have you considered broaching the subject with your prescriber? It doesn't seem like an unreasonable request and I feel that they are going to have way more information than we regarding this issue.

They aren't sure exactly how modafinal exerts its effects, though it is apparently induces certain enzymes so if you are on any other medications it is important to note for various reasons

Otherwise they are newer drugs, and unless you binge meth weekly, it should in theory be be fine; although 2D induction could be a problem with daily use, would need to verify that as 2D inducers are rare

It would simply require a slight dose increase and only if taken frequently (the modafinal, your current medication seems fine as stated, it could simply be metabolized faster)

Oh, and welcome to BL!

I used to get prescribed modafinil along with venlaxafine because of fatigue. Though that's an SNRI, some patients can benefit from augmenting their SSRI-type antidepressants with modafinil. Talk with your doctor and see if he thinks you would be a good candidate for this combination. Hope you get some relief!

Whoa, thanks for all the fast replies, everyone! This place is great.

Anyways, yes, I suppose since this is a prescription medication I should just ask my prescriber about it before buying it straight from a Sun Pharma vendor or wherever else.

Thanks for the advice!