triiodothyronine?

prettypoppy

Greenlighter
Saw some people saying triiodothyronine helps you lose weight. I'm very interested, so could someone help answer my questions, as the light searching I've done mostly covers like, the basic information that it is a hormone used for thyroid issues, not stuff relevant for me. So I figured I'd ask people who already know!

What form does it come in? Do you inject, ingest, rub it on your skin?
Does it come in a different form and gets converted into triiodothyronine in the body, like some medicines and hormones do? or does it come pure?
Also does taking it throw your hormones out of whack long-term? I've heard taking some hormones your body adjusts to the input and stops producing its own as a response.

Thank you for reading!

It´s quite catabolic, so it gives you energy, but it chews your own muscle too, so it doesnt look like a good option if you are bodybuilding. It also makes you hungry and its easy to binge eat on it

I dont know how much catabolic it is and in what dosages but for my initial reserach its only advisable to take if you are hypo, under supervision and finding your exact dose is fundamental to do not wreck your own system

You take it oral in is commonly called T3

Saw some people saying triiodothyronine helps you lose weight. I'm very interested, so could someone help answer my questions, as the light searching I've done mostly covers like, the basic information that it is a hormone used for thyroid issues, not stuff relevant for me. So I figured I'd ask people who already know!

What form does it come in? Do you inject, ingest, rub it on your skin?
Does it come in a different form and gets converted into triiodothyronine in the body, like some medicines and hormones do? or does it come pure?
Also does taking it throw your hormones out of whack long-term? I've heard taking some hormones your body adjusts to the input and stops producing its own as a response.

Thank you for reading!

T4 (in tablet form) is prescribed for medically diagnosed hypothyroidism, when taken orally it converts to the active form T3 in the body..
The thyroid is a very important metabolic regulator within the body and shouldn't be compromised by introducing meds you don't need.

Some notes on T3: Triiodothyronine (T3) is an amino acid-derived hormone that is synthesized and released by follicular cells in the thyroid under stimulation by TSH and TRH. T3, despite not being a steroid hormone, will diffuse into cells and bind to nuclear thyroid hormone receptors. This directly initiates gene expression and protein synthesis. T3 increases basal metabolic rate by increasing synthesis of Na+/K+ ATPase in cells while maintaining normal electrical chemical gradients. Na+/K+ ATPase uses a significant amount of ATP in the body, thus increasing the need for more ATP synthesis. Similarly, T3 increases lipolysis.

Consider supplemental iodine and selenium for optimal thyroid function..

Last edited:
T4 (in tablet form) is prescribed for medically diagnosed hypothyroidism, when taken orally it converts to the active form T3 in the body..
The thyroid is a very important metabolic regulator within the body and shouldn't be compromised by introducing meds you don't need.

Consider supplemental iodine and selenium for optimal thyroid function..
It´s quite catabolic, so it gives you energy, but it chews your own muscle too, so it doesnt look like a good option if you are bodybuilding. It also makes you hungry and its easy to binge eat on it

I dont know how much catabolic it is and in what dosages but for my initial reserach its only advisable to take if you are hypo, under supervision and finding your exact dose is fundamental to do not wreck your own system

You take it oral in is commonly called T3
yeah thyroid hormones are not to be fucked with lightly. They can fuck your own thyroid function.
Thanks to all three of you for answering my questions. I will remember to buy some selenium and iodine if I see them on offer anywhere!

Thank you for your patience, have a good day! :)

Thanks to all three of you for answering my questions. I will remember to buy some selenium and iodine if I see them on offer anywhere!

Thank you for your patience, have a good day! :)

Maybe obtain them from dietary sources, 3 brazil nuts per day should suffice for selenium, macadamias or hazel nuts too if you prefer..
Kelp, sea salt or seaweed for iodine.. Povidone iodine from a pharmacy applied on the surface of the skin, can also be used..
Don't take orally, as iodine is a powerful anti-microbial and could negatively effect your gut microbiome..

If wishing to lose optimal body fat, consider keto and intermittent fasting..

Last edited:
Maybe obtain them from dietary sources, 3 brazil nuts per day should suffice for selenium, macadamias or hazel nuts too if you prefer..
Kelp, sea salt or seaweed for iodine.. Povidone iodine from a pharmacy applied on the surface of the skin, can also be used..
Don't take orally, as iodine is a powerful anti-microbial and could negatively effect your gut microbiome..

If wishing to lose optimal body fat, consider keto and intermittent fasting..
Only thing I want to add is to not go crazy with the Brazil nuts as you can end up with selenium poisoning. I'm a person who loves nuts and can eat a ton of them in one go so I just wanted to add that in lol

Only thing I want to add is to not go crazy with the Brazil nuts as you can end up with selenium poisoning. I'm a person who loves nuts and can eat a ton of them in one go so I just wanted to add that in lol

The general recommendation for brazil nuts 3-5 a day, no more for the reason stated above.

Nuts in general can be problematic, peanuts can cause inflammatory issues so shouldn't generally be consumed, and most other nuts are high in omega-6 oils so should be eaten sparingly, apart from walnuts which are high in omega-3....
That said most nuts are nutrient dense, so should be included in most healthy diets, just not in large quantities..