• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tricyclics + Methamphetamine?-Sleep Aid?

Siccness909

Bluelighter
What's up BL I made a thread recently regarding this topic but I didn't get a clear answer on it. I know someone has to know? Anyway I have some 50mg Amitriptyline's and I was wondering if it's safe to use them as a sleep aid coming down from Speed.

I know its an antidepressant but it also has sedative properties? Sometimes prescribed for insomnia? Don't plan on abusing them or over doing it, I just wanna try to get some sleep. I've used the search engine and I found very mixed opinions on it. My main worry is the danger of possibly getting Serotonin Syndrome. I don't have a tolerance to it so Id just be taking 1 50mg.

Been up 2 days, my last dose of speed was about 8-10 hours ago? I pretty much came down already, now it's just the issue of trying to go to sleep. I mean I've read some users saying they used it as a sleep aid successfully without any problems, then I read some users swearing against doing it?

Those who didn't advise it for the most part haven't even done it. They were just saying SS will probably occur if I combine them. Anyway yeah I read mixed views so I'm still undecided. I know I can't get a definite answer but have any of you BLighters done it successfully?

Reading more positive reports will probably make me more comfortable with the idea. I normally have Opiates or Benzos on hand for these situations but not this time so I'm just trying to work with what I have you know? Anyway Thanks in advance BL

The title is a bit misleading...I hate amitryptyline...I've tried it for opiate withdrawals and it made it worse

Oh well sorry about that, I had used the term "Amitriptyline" in the last thread I made couple weeks ago and got little responses. I just figured maybe using the general class of drug would get more views.

^no big deal, it just sounds like you're using meth with the amitryptyline to sleep! Like I said, I've tried using it to sleep during withdrawals and it made me feel anxious and horrible...I think it would be weird to take coming off meth, but who knows..

Hopefully someone will answer who knows. It never ceases to amaze me. Some threads that aren't even about anything too out there or complicated don't get responses, but then the thread on "playing golf on methylone with a live barracuda down your pants" gets 100 responses!

LOL^ right

Yeah didn't mind staying.up one more night if I didn't get a response but now I just went into psychosis so I'm HOPING someone will respond. I think I should be OK but I don't know....still sketched outabout it till I get a response.

Meth psychosis for me personally is absolutely terrifying. Well not on a day 2but If I was up 5-6days right now I'd be shitting bricks lol

Strange though, my.last dose was almost 10-12 hours ago and I haven't had any sign of even mild psychosis all day then BAM out of nowhere it started?I'm pretty experienced with losing my mind but typically on only DAY 2 unless I redose, I've never gone into psychosis this quick? I don't know thought it was interesting.

Anyway I'll probably give it another hour or so, if the swat teams progressively get worse by then. I think I'm gonna just take it....maybe lol

Man after reading up on this drug more thoroughly, I don't even know If I should take it. Very cardiotoxic? Hard on the heart? Shit speed puts enough stress on my heart as it is. Not to mention I get Ventricular Tachycardia every time I comedown it seems, well I think so cause ever since I actually had to go to ICU for that every time I come down my heart pumps harder than a typical meth comedown and I can feel it in my stomach which Ive never had.prior to that experience. Anyway good just be anxiety but who knows. Anyone know how stressful it is on your heart? Any experiences?

Last edited:
Man after reading up on this drug more thoroughly, I don't even know If I should take it. Very cardiotoxic? Hard on the heart? Shit speed puts enough stress on my heart as it is. Not to mention I get Ventricular Tachycardia every time I comedown it seems, well I think so cause ever since I actually had to go to ICU for that every time I come down my heart pumps harder than a typical meth comedown and I can feel it in my stomach which Ive never had.prior to that experience. Anyway good just be anxiety but who knows. Anyone know how stressful it is on your heart? Any experiences?

exactly why i'm reviving this thread instead of making a new one

To sleep after take meth you can use amytriptiline boosted with doxylamine and/or prometazine. But anyway the more powerful sleep aids are certains antipsychotics such as levomepromazine, clotiapine, quetiapine, olanzapine or haloperidol. A less powerful sleep aids are benzos specially flunitrazepam, flurazepam, lormetazepam, midazolam or Z drugs like zolpidem, zopiclone or zaleplon. In the next phase is prometazine which is antihistamine and antipsychotic at once and hidroxizine which is an sedative and anxiolytic antihistamine. The last group are sedative antihistamines among doxylamine is the most powerful followed by diphenidramine and dimenhydrinate. Other option are some antidepressants like amytriptiline, nortryptiline or imipramine and mirtazapine or trazodone. Other no drug help to sleep is sex. To fuck or masturbate, anyway have an orgasm relax highly the body and mind. And finally smoke good hash helps a lot to sleep.

yeah see i'm trying to be extremely specific on the combination and total in cardio-toxicity with taking Amitriptyline in combination with Methamphetamine. I know plenty about drugs for the most part like what does what with which side effects, like cyclobenzaprine will also have pronounced anticholinergic effects, so if taking certain combinations you can stack side effects etc....

What I want to know is what is the risk of combined cardio toxicity with taking amitriptyline and Meth at same time? also because sometimes i do little bumps like for prolonged energy, more adderall status lol. But they say you can get high off of amitriptyline and its like a prozac on steroids, anyways i'm really interested to try it out, but they also have mixed reports of its sedative properties except it seems that in the beginning its the most sedative. Anyways, I want to test the water before i jump in and all that, but its the Cardio Toxicity combination I've been talking about that is my Biggest Concern.

I dont want a heart attack or some sht like that.