• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos triazolam vs xanax

This is blatantly against the rules. We don't condone abuse, but we may have a few things to say.

If you have to do it, then go as low as possible. Or (more likely) use it for what it's prescribed.

Other sites may list their conversions.

Abusing benzos like xanax or halcion gets people real nasty addictions with withdrawal so huge that you'll risk dying if it's not very careful and under hospital supervision.

Xanax is used for anxiety. Halcion is used to help people fall asleep.

They are going to shut down this thread sooner rather than later. Again, not a good class of drugs to get hooked on. People say the withdrawal is second to none.

I was just trying to get a realistic answer i saw on a conversion chart that .25mg of triazolam equals .75-1mg of Xanax n is it more like Xanax or more like Valium or Ativan

N how is it not allowed to ask abuse abuse potential but people talk about shooting heroin that'd be abuse as using heroin at all is abuse

I'm confused

It’s not really like Xanax, Ativan or Valium as these are all primarily anxiolytics drugs while triazolam is primarily hypnotic. It is similar to xanax in that it kicks in hard and fast and doesn’t last that long. I would say a quarter of a mg (250mcg) is similar strength-wise to 1-2 mgs Xanax (alprazolam)

Triazolam is more sedating/hypnotic and roughly twice as potent as alprazolam, but also significantly shorter-lasting, requiring frequent re-dosing.

This is blatantly against the rules. We don't condone abuse, but we may have a few things to say.
LIGHTEN UP people like me are going to go hard on these types of chemicals and I'm going to be here to help people from scraping their knees when they fall off their bikes.

He's clearly dead-set on one or the other, HR would suggest we push towards the least harmful option if there is one.

Abusing benzos like xanax or halcion gets people real nasty addictions with withdrawal so huge that you'll risk dying if it's not very careful and under hospital supervision.
THIS is true. You can have a seizure without feeling it coming upon random withdrawal or missing a dose if you're going WAYYY HARDER/LONGER on these kinds of drugs than I have, and if you're driving a car, swimming, etc., the odds of death is very high in such a situation.

AMP you can warn them but we also have to give practical user information otherwise we're not going to in the end save lives. Because "hard heads" are just going to frown at "just say no" type advice and they'll do something risky/harmful anyways.

They are going to shut down this thread sooner rather than later.
Actually, no we're not. If this was in Mental Health you'd be right. This is Other Drugs.

Sorry man. You wouldn't pass with flying colors as an Other Drugs mod I can assure you that. <3

Coming from someone who has used both compounds, and know what abrupt cessation from each is like in various dosages/durations of use/roa's, I'm going to say that THIS SHOULD REALLY STAY OPEN in the interest of harm reduction.

I'm confused
It's OK kush, CAPTAIN is here to make it all better for you.

THEY ARE EQUIPOTENT WHEN TAKEN ORALLY as triazolam's oral BA is roughly 50% and alprazolam is closer to 100%.

Because alprazolam is prescribed for panic/anxiety disorders, the range of doses tends to be 0.25-10 milligrams per day (yes there are PTSD cases that really need that much). I forget the highest suggested triazolam dosage. But there's a good reason it only comes in 0.25mg tablets.

If you SNORT/INJECT triazolam (if planning on IV: it is NOT water soluble you'll have to be a chem/pharmacology know it all jackass with all the tools like me to pull something like that off like microns, DMSO, cotton filtering the filler-filled tablets first...), then the BA is really close to 100% and then 0.25mg triazolam = 0.5mg alprazolam.

In any case, oral, snorted, iv, triazolam tends to get very hypnotic around 1mg. Doing this more than once a week/blue moon IS NOT ADVISED. Rebound insomnia is REALLY BAD with this compound despite triazolam's effects only lasting 2 hours and orally it takes a while to reach peak plasma levels. Really save triazolam for like the worst day of your life when your dog gets run over by a car or something and can't sleep.

Alprazolam is a lot more friendly, less likely to cause insane rebound that doesn't add up to duration of effects/etc.

You DO NOT want to think "oh cool I can sleep through a few days" with triazolam. It may only take like 3 shots a day to keep you sleeping most of the day, and yes the drug will wear off while you're sleeping and it's not terrible BUT WHEN THE REBOUND INSOMNIA HITS IT REALLY, REALLY FUCKING SUCKS and I'm guessing will take "longer" to recover as we only sleep 1x/day but get anxious/calm ourselves through coping strategies many, many more times per day.

For this reason I LOVE HYPNOTIC BENZOS <3 but using them frequently = "worse".

PLEASE follow my advice and choose xanax. If your experience w/ these compounds lines up to mine (IT MAY NOT), you'll be rather glad you did.

In either case, they are both triazolobenzodiazepines, which are addictive to many people stay safe and do not operate cars/etc under the influence of either.

is it more like Xanax or more like Valium or Ativan
Triazolam is most similar to alprazolam. Because benzodiazepines tend to be WILDLY variable upon the tiniest chemical tweaks on these structures it may not feel that way FOR YOU, but for AVERAGE human beings, yes this is very comparable to how alprazolam feels.

Diazepam/lorazepam are also anxiolytics like alprazolam.

Wilson this is an intricate question I felt could stay in OD but, I guess like "how to inject triazolam, dosages?" would be a better OD thread.

I trust you have a grasp on what belongs where better than I do since I don't come into OD very often anymore like the old days.

Thanks for keeping OD "intermediate-level" knowledge; I worked quite hard to move basic Q stuff to BDD back in the day and I see the tradition paid off :D

Wilson this is an intricate question I felt could stay in OD but, I guess like "how to inject triazolam, dosages?" would be a better OD thread.

I trust you have a grasp on what belongs where better than I do since I don't come into OD very often anymore like the old days.

Thanks for keeping OD "intermediate-level" knowledge; I worked quite hard to move basic Q stuff to BDD back in the day and I see the tradition paid off :D

Generally when the OP is just asking "which drug is best to get high off?" or "what dose do I need?" I move those to BDD.

I agree there's more detailed discussion that's come from it since, and your contributions here are high quality btw, but usually I base it on the OP.

And thanks I like to think I do an okay job of keeping everything tidy :)

No prob.

It's probably for the better we don't even highlight on triazolam iv it's just... way too amensic and rebound insomnia sucks. It'd be a lot easier to quit a 2-3 week long temazepam habit if you're keeping it to 30-60 mg/night I imagine?

Basically triazolam is the worst oral hypnotic and the most addictive when abused... it should be considered just as dangerous as RC benzos like clonazolam, flubromazolam, and whatever chems they're going to churn out in a few years.

Considering flubromazolam's existence I am QUITE excited for the future. :D

It's probably for the better we don't even highlight on triazolam iv it's just... way too amensic and rebound insomnia sucks. It'd be a lot easier to quit a 2-3 week long temazepam habit if you're keeping it to 30-60 mg/night I imagine?

Yeah good old temazepam is far safer.

I admit though triazolam is one benzo I'd like to try just purely because it's one of few that's water soluble. Midazolam too.

No triazolam is not water soluble you will need a solvent for it. Its water solubility is abysmally low.

Furthermore, 1g of triazolam is soluble in 25 mL chloroform, 1000 mL ethanol, and 600 mL 0.1 M HCl. It is also soluble in DMSO (5.4 mg/ml) and methanol (8.8 mg/ml). However, it is insoluble in water and in ether.

ya

DMSO is advised you will waste the tablets.

Thanks for the info! I thought it was water soluble. Saved me from possibly wasting drugs in the future.

Yeah trust me you don't wanna waste 'em if you go down that route. Just please do not let yourself go for a few days like I did, it'll hurt <3

WhAts better for abuse purposes

And what does .25 of triazolam equal to xanax
I ‘abuse’ them day and night. Nd for me triazolam is better for night and alprazolam is better for daytime. Nd .5mg alprazolam is equivalent to .25mg triazolam.