• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Triazolam or Temazepam?

OlympicSwimmer

Greenlighter
I've decided to let you guys decide which one I should get. I have insomnia and for the last 2 months have been getting 30 30mg temazepam for it. I have the option to switch to a .25 triazolam pill and since I've never tried it and already really enjoy my temazepam idk what to do. Which one would you all rather have, a *30 30mg temazepam script or a *30 .25mg triazolam script? Please leave some feed back, my doc appointment is in 3 days!

Staying asleep, but which one feels the best? I have panic attacks and they keep me up at night, so which one works best for calming you down and making you feel alright?

Sorry if I've misunderstood it, but you're asking what one, overall, is best used for:

1) Staying in a state of REM sleep once sleep is induced
2) An anxiolytic drug to calm you down when used pro re nata - do you suffer from panic attacks/anxiety or something, as well as insomnia? If so I'd recommend using something such as Diazepam instead of Temazepam/Triazolam for this need, as it's a better anxiolytic as opposed to hypnotic. You can/should use the Diazepam for anxiety in conjunction for the Temazepam/Triazolam for insomnia. They're similar but have remarkable differences in terms of their effects profile and shouldn't just use one or the other as a 'catch all' drug.
3) Abuse of such medication for 'feeling good'

As your focusing is on staying asleep as opposed to inducing sleep, I'd stick with Temazepam as it's widely considered to be the Benzodiazepine that has least affect on your REM stages of sleep, meaning a better quality of sleep throughout the night. I don't know as much bout Triazolam but similar to Temazepam also I think it does affect the REM stages less than other common Benzos such as Alprazolam (Xanax) / Diazepam (Valium) / Clonazepam (Klonopin) / Lorazepam (Ativan) so it could still be an option.

Firstly, if Temazepam is currently working fairly well for you - why are you looking to change it?

Secondly (and if you're not being prescribed Temazepam/Triazolam and it's thus a choice of obtaining one or the other illegitimately - then that's a different matter) but you seem to have been given the option of changing to Triazolam from Temazepam, are you not able to swap and trial it? This is under the assumption that such offer of change has been proposed by your GP/Physician? Could you not try Triazolam and then if it's no better, go back to Temazepam.

Lastly, if you genuinely suffer from insomnia and rely on Benzodiazepines then I wouldn't use/abuse them to feel good as your tolerance is only going to shoot above the ceiling.

Also, have you considered trying the Z-Drugs: Zolpidem & Zopiclone?

I was prescribed them and no i haven't considered the z drugs because idk what they are, ill look them up. I also dont abuse my drug(s) but my doctor says i have insomnia due to panic attacks and prescribed me a sleeping benzo because he thinks it will kill two birds with one stone, anxiety and insomnia. The temazepam works well but i've been on it for over 2 months and its starting to not work as well, hence the reason i want to try halcion or triazolam. I suppose i could just switch back if triazolam didnt work out as well but my problem is my doctor gets suspicious of abuse if i ask him to change scripts too much, and though i don't abuse them i don't want to give the impression that i am.

it highly depends, I've been prescribed both to use together (30mg temazepam capsules PRN, 0.25mg triazolam PRN) for ages. But I don't take either for sleep, relying on benzodiazepines for chronic severe insomnia is a recipe for disaster.