• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Trembling hands 2 weeks after rolling

jessiecho

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to MDMA. I did it once last year (blue android) and had no side effects or even a comedown. I went to EDC this year and took 2 blue teslas over 2 nights. The first morning after, I noticed my hands were shaky when I tried to hold things. After the second night, the trembles were still there. As far as I can tell, my comedown has ended and I am back to normal except for my hands.

This is pretty worrying because I'm going to medical school soon and I am planning on becoming a surgeon. When I did a dissection yesterday, I couldn't hide the trembles from my labmate. The tremble seems like an essential tremor. I only get it when I try to use my hands. I have also noticed that I am fidgeting a lot more. It's hard for me to sit still.

I'm pretty worried. I had a neurological exam and the doctor said everything was fine. But the tremor is still here. I am also experiencing more muscle soreness in my arms than usual. And sometimes, I feel numbness from my shoulders down to my fingers. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will probably get better with time. Rolling on consecutive days is frowned upon, and sometimes the side effects take a while to recover from.

Did you reagent test the pills you took?

tremor is not a known aftereffect of mdma. if you didn't say you are going to medical school i would ask you if you took more caffeine than usual. lack of sleep or exhaustion (which is not unlikely after rolling two days in a row on strong pills) is also a possible cause.

Tremors have been reported as a side effect of MDMA use, at least in the short term, as seen here on Erowid. It's not too farfetched to think an MDMA binge might cause them in the medium-to-long term.

all amphetamine type stimulants can cause tremor as an acute side effect. to my knowledge it has never been reported for mdma after the effects have worn off. so i find it unlikely that it's a long term after effect of mdma in this case. especially since tremor can have a whole plethora of harmless and transient (as well as less harmless and transient of course) causes.

Just to be clear, in the article I referenced several subjects reported tremors at least 24 hours after MDMA use.

all amphetamine type stimulants can cause tremor as an acute side effect. to my knowledge it has never been reported for mdma after the effects have worn off. so i find it unlikely that it's a long term after effect of mdma in this case. especially since tremor can have a whole plethora of harmless and transient (as well as less harmless and transient of course) causes.
I tend to agree with this. I've had tremors up until a few hours after a roll and if I really overdid it it can last up until a day, two at the most. But two weeks? Never had tremors from MDMA even remotely that long

Same problem here,40 days and still exist...at list tingling disappear and my sleep is far better,yesterday I didn't wake up at night.

I take 60mg vyvanze everyday and usually have bad hand tremors, i've had people noticed and say, "nice meth hands,''
keep in mind anxiety can also cause this, as well as combining other drugs with stimulants.

serotonin syndrome is also another possibility. avoid ndma antagonists with any drugs that affect serotonin.
try exercising and see if the symptoms lessen or go away

If the OP had serotonin syndrome, they would know it, and they would be hospitalized.

serotonin syndrome symptoms are immediate and noticeable? I was led to believe they were gradual and worsened with time.