• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Trazodone for anxiety? (ASAP replies please)

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Does it need to build up in your system or can you use it PRN to sort of spot-treat anxiety?
And how much should I take? (I am 110lb and have no tolerance to it)

This is not an attempt to you it recreationally; I have anxiety symptoms.

Not good for day time anxiety. OK for sleep. The metabolite mCPP makes me more anxious the next day.

i found trazodone to be one of the worst drugs I ever tried. If you're a normal person who doesn't need pysch meds flush that shit right away, that's some heavy mental psychotic bullshit you dont need messing with your brain.

I was prescribed trazodone for sleep. I hated it, gives you this lobotomy like tired feeling and always gave me horrible tinnitus (which ended up preventing sleep for which it was prescribed for...). Took it 2-3 times before I threw that junk away. It's a prototype anti-depressant/anti-psychotic that is somehow still prescribed today even though it was largely discounted in efficacy by the medical community. Trash drug.

DEFINITELY no good for anxiety.

I would honestly rather take stronger antipsychotics (which SUCK) than take trazodone again.

Last edited:
i found trazodone to be one of the worst drugs I ever tried. If you're a normal person who doesn't need pysch meds flush that shit right away, that's some heavy mental psychotic bullshit you dont need messing with your brain.

Oh, no, I badly need psych meds.

I was prescribed trazodone for sleep. I hated it, gives you this lobotomy like tired feeling and always gave me horrible tinnitus (which ended up preventing sleep for which it was prescribed for...). Took it 2-3 times before I threw that junk away. It's a prototype anti-depressant/anti-psychotic that is somehow still prescribed today even though it was largely discounted in efficacy by the medical community. Trash drug.

DEFINITELY no good for anxiety.

I would honestly rather take stronger antipsychotics (which SUCK) than take trazodone again.

I have Quetiapine if that would work better?

I think its ok for sleep actually.

Quetiapine is better.

Am I the only one who can appreciate trazodone? I take it for sleep mostly but itn sure relieves my anxiety. But I can only take 100mg at a time, if I take two, I'll puke them back right up. I usually wait 20 minutes. It does make you a bit hungry and your heartbeat will increase quite a bit.

All these people that hate on trazodone probably don't have serious anxiety issues like I do.

Am I the only one who can appreciate trazodone? I take it for sleep mostly but itn sure relieves my anxiety. But I can only take 100mg at a time, if I take two, I'll puke them back right up. I usually wait 20 minutes. It does make you a bit hungry and your heartbeat will increase quite a bit.

All these people that hate on trazodone probably don't have serious anxiety issues like I do.

I have SERIOUS anxiety issues. I've been on so many meds for it I can't list them here, but this includes xanax scripts and I was on xanax XR for over a year at one point....

I've also been on 3 different anti-psychotics and numerous anti-depressants so I feel I have some room to talk here

trazodone did nothing for me except make me tired and make my pre-existing tinnitus even worse.

although, admittedly it was only prescribed to me for sleep, IMHO it was a terrible and nearly useless drug

I've had crippling anxiety to the point where it is damaging my life, my social life, jobs, etc... and continues to, ruin my life in general. Trazodone did nothing for it.

Things like meditation, exercise and obviously various illicit drugs help.... but trazodone?

I spent nearly 9 months of my life on Zyprexa and Risperdal (2nd gen antipsychotics) and even those didn't help much with anxiety.

I think a person in my situation needs to deal with anxiety with exercise, meditation and the psychological realization that anxiety is a POSITIVE TOOL in your life. Avoiding anxiety is avoiding LIFE. It can be a crippling fear in your life but it can also be an amazing building block if you confront it.

Anxiety, IMO, is not treatable with drugs. It's something you need to conquer in life. Sure, you can mask it with shit like benzo's and alcohol, but you're just masking it for the moment and making it worse.

Anxiety is not a bad thing no matter how much it seems like it. It's a tool disguised as terror. When you conquer anxiety you add a positive, strong aspect to your psyche - and that anxiety usually never returns (in that situation).

These are lessons I've learned over my time on earth.

I'm no angel... I still use drugs to help with anxiety... but I stick to my words, especially that anxiety is a tool disguised as terror. Slowly, over the years, I've learned to deal with anxiety better and confront it. You kinda need to take on a "I don't give a fuck" attitude if you get what I mean...

As someone who anxiety ruined their prime years, I wish you the best, brother. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Well, i prefer pragabalin and mirtazapine for my anxiety. Along with benzos and alcohol : /

I've been on a way lot more anti-psychotics and anti-depresants and they don't help shit. Anti-psychotics are shit to me if you ask for anxiety-relief.

I'll try ayahuasca again some time to conquor my traumas but the first time I tried that it was a torture experience, something i'm still afraid of.

Well, i prefer pragabalin and mirtazapine for my anxiety. Along with benzos and alcohol : /

I've been on a way lot more anti-psychotics and anti-depresants and they don't help shit. Anti-psychotics are shit to me if you ask for anxiety-relief.

I'll try ayahuasca again some time to conquor my traumas but the first time I tried that it was a torture experience, something i'm still afraid of.

I've never tried pregabalin or mitrazapine so I can't comment on that. I prefer heroin and shit....

DMT certainly helped me with anxiety, but only to a point. (I smoked DMT 50+ times)

It helped give me more of a "I don't give a fuck" attitude, made me more open minded and empathetic.

My honest suggestion to you is to stop taking so many meds and check out natural things like exercise and meditation, they work magic you may not know about!

Ayahuasca isn't relaly about confronting your traumas man, I guess you can you it for that purpose, but I think you're missing the point. It's about confronting YOURSELF. Your traumas and anxiety are only a small portion of your psyche and you can't let those things take over your life.

I have no idea of the torture/trauma you experienced, so I'm not going to go there because I probably don't know.

I'm just giving you advice I learned over the years, some of which I have yet to follow myself.

What I do know for certain is that there are natural ways to deal with what you are probably going through, psychiatrists are useful but mostly a frace. (in my opinion)

Psychiatrists i've been to do one of two things: they don't listen to me and prescribe me bullshit - or they do listen do me and HELP me but sometimes over-prescribe me.

The best psychiatrists I've been to were also neurlologists. More expensive, but worth it.

Last edited:
I've never tried pregabalin or mitrazapine so I can't comment on that. I prefer heroin and shit....

DMT certainly helped me with anxiety, but only to a point. (I smoked DMT 50+ times)

It helped give me more of a "I don't give a fuck" attitude, made me more open minded and empathetic.

My honest suggestion to you is to stop taking so many meds and check out natural things like exercise and meditation, they work magic you may not know about!

Ayahuasca isn't relaly about confronting your traumas man, I guess you can you it for that purpose, but I think you're missing the point. It's about confronting YOURSELF. Your traumas and anxiety are only a small portion of your psyche and you can't let those things take over your life.

I have no idea of the torture/trauma you experienced, so I'm not going to go there because I probably don't know.

I'm just giving you advice I learned over the years, some of which I have yet to follow myself.

What I do know for certain is that there are natural ways to deal with what you are probably going through, psychiatrists are useful but mostly a frace. (in my opinion)

Psychiatrists i've been to do one of two things: they don't listen to me and prescribe me bullshit - or they do listen do me and HELP me but sometimes over-prescribe me.

The best psychiatrists I've been to were also neurlologists. More expensive, but worth it.

Pregabalin and mirtazepine are a great help as they are not adddicting. I never liked DMT, really. I put in my body what In want, ok. I do excersise and meditate but it's far from enough.

Ayahuasca will confront you with your deepest fears and traumas, If you think not, you must not have such traumas like me.

If I meet another psychiatrist again I'll probably punch his face in. I've had countless psychiatrists and they all didn't know shit. I'm a better doctor them all of them.

I just get my stuff prescribed by normal doctors.

Anyway, I have more experience with drugs than you so stop trying to give me advice. I just wanted to help you out.