Mental Health Trazodone & Amitriptyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
I've been on Amitriptyline for awhile now 40mg at night for back pain and sleep. My psychiatrist has just prescribed me Trazodone 50mg at night too, to help with anxiety and sleep. Now I trust him, after all he studied for 12 years to become a psychiatrist, and always checks this book he has that appears to have pretty much every single medication in it. He calls it his Bible. However isn't being put on both of these odd? Is it safe? Serotonin syndrome a possibility? I may be me being anxious. But I'm unsure if it's safe. I should trust him I suppose. Anyone heard of this combination before?

Not to worry I called the pharmacy. They spoke with my psychiatrist. Both assured me the dose is low with both an I should be fine. Perhaps I was being over anxious. Instead of deleting the thread is leave it here for people with a similar situations to refer to. Try not to worry yourselves. The internet can be full of worrying article's etc. I trust my psychiatrist and pharmacist know what they are talking about.

Great, I'm glad that you got it straightened out. Good for you for doing the work necessary to double check! I'll close the thread now since you got an answer you are satisfied with from your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.