• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Trazadone

Endopharm

Bluelighter
Quick story short.

About 6 months ago I quit clonazepam (3mg/day) as well as citalopram.

New dr. Forced me off clonazepam after 12 years of use for GAD, PTSD.

WD was hard as fuck, but I did it.

Along with the other issues mentioned , i also suffered horrendous sleep issues for about 4 years, and that always went untreated.

Quiting clonazepam was horrid, but the worst part was how much my life sucked without it. Horribly depressed, zero appetite, vomiting, extreme panic, joint pains, foggy brain, irritation etc.

Anyhow, i got a new dr yesterday and we discussed all these issues, many more also.

He agreed i should go back on a lower dose of clonazepam, and added trazadone in Hope's it helped depression and sleep issues.

ONE....FUCKIN....DAY and my life feels exactly like it did before all this hell started, and for the first time in 4 years I actually overslepped!

Trazodone did not make me feel tired. After two hours of a 50mg dose I decided to lay down, fell asleep quick and easy. I was super comfortable and the dreams were very enjoyable.

Only downside was I felt pretty heavy and some fog for about 45 minutes after waking.

I should also mention I woke up twice to use the washroom and was able to go back to sleep almost instantly.

I'm very happy about this. Sometimes meds ARE needed and I so relieved to find treatment that works as intended, and does not intoxicate me.

FYI, I ate well all day, and probably accomplished more today than the last 4 months combined, which is also very welcome.

Thanks for listening!

Haha I didnt notice this morning I was pretty primed in the area hahah.

Another awesome day!

Picked up my kiddos, watched movies, went for 2 walks, had a great supper and alot of laughs... also squeezed

Squeezed in two workouts(in very bad shape after being so sendentary)

Night two, slep just as good as night one but upon waking the brain fog only lasted about 10 minutes or so.

It is very unresponsible and possibly dangeroes to stop giving clonazepam to someone who has been taking it for 12! Years.

I take alprazolam since my 18 and i am 26. I can't imagine suddenly not being able to take it, because it helps my depression, epylepsy and it synergy great with tramadol (my doctor know i use opioids) and finally we found out that vortioxetine is one and only antidepressant (except tramadol and modafinil) that works.

In well aware.

Aaand trust me it was very uncomfortable and felt like I was in a walking seizure for 6 weeks. After that it was puking, cold sweats, brain fog, extreme anxiety and depression, zero sleep, joint pains, muscle spasms and the list goes on and on

In well aware.

Aaand trust me it was very uncomfortable and felt like I was in a walking seizure for 6 weeks. After that it was puking, cold sweats, brain fog, extreme anxiety and depression, zero sleep, joint pains, muscle spasms and the list goes on and on
It can be deadly, especially when we use this for years, it is like being an alcoholic for 10 years and suddenly stop drinking. It is either seizures or death or if u don't die you will suffer hard, as u mentioned, insomnia and pain, spasms, anxiety and depression.... wd from benzodiazepines is cruel. And it should be never stopped cold turkey.

Day 3,

Slept awesome again, but no more wacky dreams and really craved sweets when I woke up to use the washroom.

I'm sore from all the activity but it's the good sore of an accomplished, active day.

Late last night my daughter and I went for our nightly walk and just kept going lol. Beautiful evening, nobody around, a nice mist in the air. Finally ended around 10km.

Fell asleep at 1am and woke at 1pm. I'm going to have to start going to bed around ten to offset the late wakeups.

Today I'm supposed to up 50mg trazadone to 100mg but I dont feel that I need to. I might, but most likely wont. Much healthier to stay at the lowest effective dose IMO

HOPE YALL ARE WELL!

Day 4

Decided to do the 100mg dose.

My daughter and I had a crazy busy day, got two workouts in and then we did a 10km walk. Finished up the night with a movie.

Dosed 50mg at 11pm and another 50mg at 1am. I was in bed pretty late(3am)

Slept well but had to wake up 3 times to urinate, but fell back asleep no problem.

Woke up at 11am with zero grogginess.

A few things I noticed thus far.
1)I crave sweets in the middle of the night
2)I'm holding slot of water weight in the lower extremities
3)trazadone does not make me feel tired. But the second I want to lay down and shut my eyes I'm out cold almost instantly.

Oh, I should mention I didnt feel the heavy legs/arms until the 100mg dose

Still feeling great!

Hope everyone is doing great in their sobriety, and to those struggling, todays a great day to have a great day!

I have been lurking on Bluelight for years and years and years. This is my first post.

I initially loved tryptamines (2c-series) and noids (JWH-018, anyone?) until the derivitives resembled nothing of the originals. I got older and they just started causing anxiety and longer recovery period. I then loved GABA-ergenic modulation drugs like alcohol, benzos like etizolam, GHB/GBL/1.4 BDL etc.. I was lucky I didn't end up in cross-tolerance and other than a little irritability and lost sleep. I never had a serious withdrawal episode despite irregular medium-high doses.

Doctor gave me 100 mg trazodone for sleep and mild depression. 2 weeks in and I had next to zero urge to do benzos, even with my stressful workload. Irregular sleep was gone and I woke up with only a little slow down before my morning coffee. There are supposed to be mild withdrawals, but I'm sure it's cake compared to longer acting benzos like Clam. Doctors won't give you a hard time prescribing it for sleep or mild depression. The extra morning blood flow congestion reinspired confidence in the bedroom unlike other antidepressants. This has been a godsend for stopping the abuse of my body/neural system, stress and sleep levels.

Sounds like a very good medicine for tou and I'm happy to hear that!

It's too early to sing its praise for myself, but 4 days in it has been nothing short of a miracle

Day 5

Nothing to write home about. Slept great and had another productive, anxiety free day with my kiddos!

Only thing to note was upon awakening today the cloudiness hung around closer to an hour whereas before it's been 10-20 minutes.

Tomorrow I start 150mg but I already know that's unnecessary unless tolerance builds quickly, hasnt been the case in the first 5 days however

Hope everyone is well on their journeys!

Day 5

Nothing to write home about. Slept great and had another productive, anxiety free day with my kiddos!

Only thing to note was upon awakening today the cloudiness hung around closer to an hour whereas before it's been 10-20 minutes.

Tomorrow I start 150mg but I already know that's unnecessary unless tolerance builds quickly, hasnt been the case in the first 5 days however

Hope everyone is well on their journeys!
I’d stay with as low a dose as possible,just keep in mind when you stop taking trazadone you’ll be awake staring at the ceiling for hrs and hrs unable to fall asleep on your own without it,

I’d stay with as low a dose as possible,just keep in mind when you stop taking trazadone you’ll be awake staring at the ceiling for hrs and hrs unable to fall asleep on your own without it,
That's the plan. Dr just wanted me to do 3 days at 50mg, 3 days at 100mg, 3 days at 150mg.

Then contact her and let her know the best treatment.

Thus far I'd say 50mg is the best dose for me