• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Traveling to EU looking to meet people in the following countries....

doc777

Greenlighter
Hello fellow bluelighters,

I am going to EU for a family reunion and I am on Methadone, I was hoping someone could give me some info on clinics in Prague or Frankfurt and how things work with courtesy dosing. Secondly, I will be travelling with my family it would be nice to meet some people that are in those countries to meet up with as family can be boring. Anyone who has info please PM me or post on here.

Thanks

Inform your clinic and get enough medication to last you for (at least) the duration, before you set out. Take it in its original containers with an appropriate letter signed by the doctor who prescribed it -- ideally, in English, German and Czech; but if you have difficulty getting it translated, English alone is better than nothing.

And be super-careful with it; because if you lose it, there is virtually no chance of getting it replaced. Especially not in a former Communist country (drugs were a bourgeois problem, don'tchaknow?)

It would be good to have a medical statement written in English telling you are in use of these meds and under medical supervision.
Original receipts, correct amount specified in the medical statement. Don't forget to bring a little more than you need in case you miss your flight, or some usual changes in the routine. And like it was said above bring it in original containers, with its validity, sealed properly, etc.

You can always ship part of them in your luggage, and also bring them in your hand luggage. It's good to ship the extra amount for 3-4 days in case you have to change plans, or miss flights, or delays that may happen during the course of your travel. By doing this you'll have nothing to worry about. Make sure you count it at least 2 x to make sure everything is in accordance. Make a small folder for these docs. This is all you need to do.

A lot of people travel with medication, some of them who need to stay for more than 3 but limited to 6 months have no problems in bringing them as long as everything is correct in accordance with international specifications. They will probably not even ask you depending on how many days you are staying because even for 'normal' people, it's common to bring medications, including prescribed like tranquilizers, painkillers, etc, etc. among other purposes.

Medical statement stating you are using them and how much daily, receipts to prove they were purchased accordingly and in original containers, although I have seen a lot of passengers bring their meds on these 7 or 10 day plastic devices to make it easier. Know that this is very common. And enjoy your travel!

Last edited:
It would be good to have a medical statement written in English telling you are in use of these meds and under medical supervision.
Original receipts, correct amount specified in the medical statement. Don't forget to bring a little more than you need in case you miss your flight, or some usual changes in the routine. And like it was said above bring it in original containers, with its validity, sealed properly, etc.

You can always ship part of them in your luggage, and also bring them in your hand luggage. It's good to ship the extra amount for 3-4 days in case you have to change plans, or miss flights, or delays that may happen during the course of your travel. By doing this you'll have nothing to worry about. Make sure you count it at least 2 x to make sure everything is in accordance. Make a small folder for these docs. This is all you need to do.

A lot of people travel with medication, some of them who need to stay for more than 3 but limited to 6 months have no problems in bringing them as long as everything is correct in accordance with international specifications. They will probably not even ask you depending on how many days you are staying because even for 'normal' people, it's common to bring medications, including prescribed like tranquilizers, painkillers, etc, etc. among other purposes.

Medical statement stating you are using them and how much daily, receipts to prove they were purchased accordingly and in original containers, although I have seen a lot of passengers bring their meds on these 7 or 10 day plastic devices to make it easier. Know that this is very common. And enjoy your travel!

I am sorry friends but I forgot to mention ONE IMPORTANT DETAIL, MY CLINIC WILL NOT GIVE ME ENOUGH EXCEPTIONS FOR THE ENTIRE TRIP!! I am terrified of methadone withdrawal and have gone through it once and NEVER want to go through it again. I had read that countries like Germany and Prague have methadone clinics I was hoping that I could maybe dose there as they have more laxes drug laws. At this point my clinic can only give me 3 days worth of exceptions which leaves me with 10 days of going without. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of contacting a clinic out there or some advice for someone in my situation.

Thanks

What if you seek for private doctors. You can't travel without your meds.
You could but you'd have to quit them first, and it will take a while until you are ready to travel.