• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Travel question prescribed medicine

Eyecontact

Greenlighter
First off if apologize to the moderators if this is in the wrong forum. Between now and the end of the calendar year I will be traveling by plane from Rhode Island to Florida. My concern is i will be bringing prescribed suboxone. My girlfriend and her kids will be with me and they are unaware I use suboxone. Will the police or TSA stop me? Is this legal? If I am not allowed to ask this question on this forum could someone point me in a direction to get an answer as I am not looking to go to jail or have a horrifically embarrassing situation in and airport with her finding out about an addiction is have overcome. Ty for any help

First off if apologize to the moderators if this is in the wrong forum. Between now and the end of the calendar year I will be traveling by plane from Rhode Island to Florida. My concern is i will be bringing prescribed suboxone. My girlfriend and her kids will be with me and they are unaware I use suboxone. Will the police or TSA stop me? Is this legal? If I am not allowed to ask this question on this forum could someone point me in a direction to get an answer as I am not looking to go to jail or have a horrifically embarrassing situation in and airport with her finding out about an addiction is have overcome. Ty for any help
As long as you have a prescription for it in your name there's nothing at all to worry about. It shouldn't even come up as an issue. Just remember to keep them in whatever container they were prescribed in

I get them in a standard prescription bottle so I will put that in my suitcase. I just dont want to get yanked off the plane obviously by the police in front of my girlfriend and kids obviously. Ty for the advice

It is not illegal to carry medicine in your name. Just make sure it's YOUR medicine, in YOUR bottle, with YOUR name.

Copy that snafu I will make sure I meet all these qualifications. Ty for the advice

You'll be fine they won't even look. Just make sure to have documentation.

A few years ago I accidentally brought a small loaded handgun on a plane. It was in my carry on suitcase (i thought i had lost the gun but had actually hidden it in a side compartment). Despite being x-rayed it went through. I only realized there was a loaded gun in it when i got to the hotel 🥵

It didn't inspire much confidence in the TSA

You'll be fine they won't even look. Just make sure to have documentation.

A few years ago I accidentally brought a small loaded handgun on a plane. It was in my carry on suitcase (i thought i had lost the gun but had actually hidden it in a side compartment). Despite being x-rayed it went through. I only realized there was a loaded gun in it when i got to the hotel 🥵

It didn't inspire much confidence in the TSA
It inspires confidence in you that's the moral of that story

It inspires confidence in you that's the moral of that story

Interestingly i didn't tell the punch line of the story, i was too worried to take it back with me so i mailed the gun back home via USPS (it was a domestic flight, but across the country). I threw away the bullets.

It is funny, though i didn't know it at the time, i had been at one point been carrying a loaded gun on a plane. Nice work TSA 🤌🏻

I once saw TSA testing someones bottle of baby powder for drugs, despite it clearly being baby powder. Yet I'm fine to walk on with a loaded firearm in my carry on luggage 👌