• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Transferring onto bupe - low quality heroin Vs high quality heroin. Does the quality make any difference?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I posted a similar post on the heroin sub but wasn't sure which was the best place to post it so figured I'd post here too.

I've been on bupe for about 2-3 years now. Now and again, I've come off it to smoke heroin (I don't IV) and then gone back onto bupe after 2-4 weeks.

The waiting period is difficult, I recently tried to get back onto bupe but couldn't get to the 24 hour mark, I failed twice. I've waited 18 hours in the past and took low amounts of bupe (2mg) and been alright, and then soon went onto higher amounts of bupe.

However, that was after using high quality gear. I read somewhere that if you transfer onto bupe after using lower quality gear, you have to wait longer/it can just have worse effects or make precipitated withdrawals more likely (which I'm terrified of). Is this true - if so, why?

Is there a difference between transferring onto bupe after using lower quality dope Vs higher quality dope? If so, I plan on getting some higher quality gear to smoke to then wait after smoking it to go onto bupe. Just because the gear I have atm isn't great, it's just street stuff that isn't very good. I plan on ordering higher quality stuff if it makes P/WD less likely.

P.s I live in the UK so fent being in the H I smoke isn't a concern as fent is pretty much unheard of here, it's occasionally found in places like London but I live way up North from there and I've tested the higher quality stuff for fent also. The H I smoke is #3.

Any answers or advice surrounding this would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Well there's a difference between fentanyl and heroin. And a lot of what you find on the street is fentanyl. Heroin is the classic wait 24 hours and take it. With fentanyl thats a bit harder so they do the bernese method now, where you start by taking a small amount of bupe, and slightly less fentanyl and keep going that way until you're off fentanyl and on the full amount of bupe. Kind of like a taper.

But I've never done it that way. I would just take enough xanax to pass out for 24-48 hours then take the bupe. Sometimes it takes longer than that... you never know when the dope has some other analogue in it for legs.. which would make the induction time longer. Best wait until its unbearable, or do the bernese method. I bet somebody else could give you more accurate instructions on that, or you could google it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oh guess I should say explicitly that I don't think the quality of heroin matters if we aren't talking about fentanyl, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that could be fentanyl. Its pervasive.

Oh guess I should say explicitly that I don't think the quality of heroin matters if we aren't talking about fentanyl, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that could be fentanyl. Its pervasive.
Yeah, fent wasn't part of my question, I was just stating I live in the UK where fent is pretty much unheard of and not found in heroin so people don't mention it in this thread as I've had people do so for me to say I don't live in the states/Canada. It's just that I saw a post saying lower quality #3 heroin can make P/WD more likely or make the waiting period longer. It seemed like nonsense to me but it's made me paranoid so I wanted to confirm whether there was any truth to the matter is all.

Yeah, fent wasn't part of my question, I was just stating I live in the UK where fent is pretty much unheard of and not found in heroin so people don't mention it in this thread as I've had people do so for me to say I don't live in the states/Canada. It's just that I saw a post saying lower quality #3 heroin can make P/WD more likely or make the waiting period longer. It seemed like nonsense to me but it's made me paranoid so I wanted to confirm whether there was any truth to the matter is all.
Yeah I've never heard of anything like that, and I can't see why it would matter assuming the adulterants aren't active. But maybe there's something I don't know.