View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Transdermal Ingestion Fear

whattodohelp

Greenlighter
My friend recently spilt liquid LSD all over the sweatshirt he was wearing and then went on to sit in one of my chairs.

I've now gone on to develop (what I'm guessing is completely irrational) a fear that the LSD has saturated this chair and can't even get myself to sit in it or touch anything that has touched the chair. I don't dose personally, and am scared of the effects.

Am I out of my mind? Is it possible to ingest LSD or chemicals simply by sitting on a piece of furniture that may have some on it?

Thanks

Yes it is possible to have LSD enter your system through your skin although you'd probably have to sit on it with your bare ass. But I have to ask, what's stopping you from washing your chair with soapy water wearing gloves ?

I have washed the clothes, as well as furniture but this irrational fear continues to enter....

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. LSD can't absorb through your skin. If there is a significant amount of LSD on the chair you will be able to see it with a black light.

Lsd absorbed in a chair probably cant (I mean blotters don't and the chair is a huge blotter now), but solutions definitely can (as can many solutions of things active in the ug range) and while lsd can be easily destroyed lsd left absorbed in a chair should be relatively stable (think of it as a huge blotter). However it's sensitive to the chlorine in tap water so just washing it should take care of the issue. And before you do don't sit on the chair while sweaty.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. LSD can't absorb through your skin.
Wrong. It's very inefficient compared to oral but it can be absorbed via skin.
Also If someone spilled LSD on my chair I'd rub my ass on it like my life depended on it. =D

If you already washed the furniture and the clothes (I am not sure if you went full hazmat), think of it this way: if it was really that easy you would have noticed something just from cleaning it. Too bad you can't use chlorine to kill it dead without bleaching fabric, I am not sure but I think percarbonate / perborate type stuff would be okay though like oxy vanish...

Anyway if you cleaned it and it's irrational, apparently no amount of cleaning in the world would fix the irrational part. For it to absorb in the skin I think you need quite a bit of it, everything has to be wet and connected - like coming out of the shower and sitting naked on the chair and getting an extra bucket of water poured over you. Even then though: it just wouldn't be enough on the actual surface and it's not being applied or blotted actively. There can be some doses in liquid acid of course but I think in this situation it's not enough to be relevant, there is too little spilt I'm sure, and too much will be gone now. It would even be doubtful if it were fresh but i dont know.

IMO don't worry about it or if you can't live with this still in a year's time burn the furniture and clothes (ritually, why not)

Ha yeah I might also be literally carpetmunching like that dude in Fear & Loathing. Doc Gonzo seems to think it's alright and after all he is a licensed doctor in gonzo.

Anyway if you cleaned it and it's irrational, apparently no amount of cleaning in the world would fix the irrational part.

This^ If you have cleaned it, and you know you have then the job is done. Maybe sit it close to an open fire if you are lucky enough to have one or failing that stick it beside a radiator.

lsd left absorbed in a chair should be relatively stable (think of it as a huge blotter).

Personally speaking I'd have no problem with it...after I had ate the chair - what a gift :)

Why don't you get a friend who likes to trip to sit naked in it for a while - obviously you'd be telling them why, (might be an easier way to get them to do it rather than "Do you fancy coming round to mine to sit naked in the chair?" :) ).

Hi, I have just enter here again and need guideline as I just washed my Cafe Lighting and Living Furniture LINK REMOVED and I got the same problem. Chemical small particulars are appearing on the dining table!

This made me laugh, but I must bid you farewell spambot.

Slightly different problems we encounter round these parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha that's kind of amazing in a spammy, botty sort of way. =D

Like everyone above has said, Washing it would have rendered the LSD inactive if your still bothered........

Give the chair to your friend ??

you gotta eat the whole chair and just prepare for the trip of your life, only solution to clean it up completely.