• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Transcedence

emilseine

Ex-Bluelighter
The new Johnny Depp film was certainly ambitious enough, but how many of you actually thought it was a good movie? I enjoyed it to a degree, I did find it to be a little slow though and sluggish at times, not that the action scenes were that great either.

Warner Brothers should stick to saving their A-list celebs for the mass-appeal popcorn flicks their target audience wants to see, not some intellectual plot that you just can't dumb down enough without ruining entirely.

^Had you seen it when you left this comment?

I won't say it was perfect, but it wasn't bad. I definitely don't see why critics seem to hate it so. Perhaps expectations?

I was entertained... Although I felt the fear of the machine was a bit unwarranted. One of the things the machine was going for was interconnectedness. Humans don't realize we already are. This would just put a certain awareness to it that hadn't been done before... At least to us.

In the end it was basically shown that people fucked themselves over (not that hope was lost). Their fear was unwarranted. The machine may have been seen as taking certain things too far... In being able to control things/people, But IMO, people value their sense of individuality way too much. The only true fear they should have of losing it, is if the one they lose it to is malevolent. The machine didn't seem as such. And I kind of- really doubt a super intelligent machine could ever be so primitive as to be malevolent. Not one that is "singularity" like.

I think the movie may actually be beyond some people. Beyond them to catch its message.

I actually, really liked certain parts. I didn't like how people ruined it with fear. And in the end... It wasn't a victory.

And as for individuality, again, not to say I don't value it... But I've seen that we aren't so individual anyways.

Last edited:
didn't see it, it's just a hobby of mine to spout shit about films like this