• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol

coley86

Greenlighter
I am a sporadic meth user and Im trying to find something to replace meth thats less harmful to my health. I know I would be replacing a habit but i dont have adhd so i cant get adderell but for some reason tramadol makes me feel similar effects to meth. If I could get some does anyone else think this is a good idea or does anyone have any advice besides rehab?

Can you get Dexedrine or Adderall? Those will be a lot more safe for you to take than meth will. Tramadol can be extremely addictive and another addiction is the last thing you need.

Can you get Dexedrine or Adderall? Those will be a lot more safe for you to take than meth will. Tramadol can be extremely addictive and another addiction is the last thing you need.
I can ask my doctor but im not diagnosed with adhd so im not sure if i could get it.

I wouldn't just ask your doctor for certain drugs. If you think you have adhd, I would get tested.

Could you try just natural stuff looks proper health care, energy building & focusing practices, and if any substance minor ones like caffeine or things like macca although I don't know if macca if the best.

Edit: Tramadol is the worst choice... It will likely lead to Heroin

Tramadol can be very stimulating in some people. It has opiod effects and SNRI effects (and many believe it causes a RELEASE of serotonin, and is a reuptake inhibitor) so it can be stimulating.

Also like Taco said it will lead to massive addiction. Worse additction WD then meth, as Tramadol carries with it opiate/opiod withdrawal (arguably the worst to WD from) AND antidepressant withdrawal.

I can ask my doctor but im not diagnosed with adhd so im not sure if i could get it.

Straight-up asking for Adderall (amphetamine), let alone Dexedrine (even purer amphetamine) is going to get you flagged as a drug seeker pretty much instantly...

Could you try just natural stuff looks proper health care, energy building & focusing practices, and if any substance minor ones like caffeine or things like macca although I don't know if macca if the best.

Edit: Tramadol is the worst choice... It will likely lead to Heroin

I agree with this guy. Kick the bad habit now rather than later.

opioids are literally the worst decision man, for real
hows about coffee, god and cigarettes?
this is kinda turning into a 'what should i take?' kinda thread so plz don't stray too far or it could be closed, kay?

opioids are literally the worst decision man, for real
this is kinda turning into a 'what should i take?' kinda thread so plz don't stray too far or it could be closed, kay?
I have been lucky that I dont like opioids and while im on the topic there is options for people kicking a heroine habit like suboxine but there is nothing for meth users. Thats the purpose for the post. I want suggestions about tramadol maybe treating cravings and Im looking for other options if anyone knows of any.

I have known people to get into buprenorphine IOP programs to treat their methamp use disorder with good results. Of course, there are a lot of risks to using buprenorphine for this purpose, namely dealing with the associated dependency of it if you ever want to come off it or try something else. But if the methamp habit is causing you enough harm then at a certain point the buprneorphine makes more sense as a potential solution. Only caveat is that the people I know who have tried this approach had had a prior substance use disorder with opioids too, even if methamp had since become their only DOC.

What about kratom? There is the serious risk of addiction developing with that too, like tramadol, but at least with kratom it is legal (or at least in some places it is), it has a sort of ceiling dose and doesn't have as much of a seizure risk compared to tramadol. All in all I can't recommend kratom because of the potential for habituation related issues, but, like buprenorphine being used, if the methamp is causing enough harm then at a certain point it is worth looking into it. At least kratom is easier to come off than buprenorphine (it is in no sense "easy" to come off, just relatively speaking likely to be a bit easier than a dependency on buprenorphine).

What about cannabis? That has become recreationalized in many places and is medicalized in most. Certainly it would have the potential for less issues with use disorder than methamp, tramadol or kratom.

Bupropion has been helpful for some people in terms of managing cravings for methamp. You might want to look into that before trying something more drastic. Likewise you might try other antidepressants if bupropion doesn't help.

Gabapentin is use more as a mood stabilizer now, so that would also be worth looking into before trying something like kratom/tramadol/buprenorphine. It has the potential for a problematic dependency itself, but its general tends to be associated with less harm than the other substances mentioned.

I'd suggest look into bupropion and/or cannabis first. Which brings me to the take away from this: work on this issue with a medical professional who specialized in working with people with methamp related disorders. That is your best bet in all of this I think.

LOL :)

I have been lucky that I dont like opioids and while im on the topic there is options for people kicking a heroine habit like suboxine but there is nothing for meth users. Thats the purpose for the post.

i apologize, and understand it must be horrid for meth users not having any maintenance drugs.

Gabapentin is use more as a mood stabilizer now, so that would also be worth looking into before trying something like kratom/tramadol/buprenorphine. It has the potential for a problematic dependency itself, but its general tends to be associated with less harm than the other substances mentioned.

i think gabapentin or pregabalin would be a great option, good shout man.
much less addictive than opioids but def has helped me thru various comedowns and wd's

heh :D

I agree with everything TPD said. Buproprion is a great suggestion, and it's going to be the closest you can get to meth without simply taking a different kind of amphetamine-like dopaminergic stimulant. Maybe even a different type of ssri or snri would work for you.

I would avoid tramadol. Tolerance builds really quickly IME. I would look for something you can take long-term without having to worry about getting into another addiction, if possible

For me this would be a great drug to use as a tool to taper off the meth use, shouldn't be a 'replacement' per say as addiction to opiates is a whole other beast compared to meth, it creeps up on you. It has stimulant like effects due to the high affinity for serotonin, can be used as a study aid or even a performance enhancing drug, if it is dosed correctly (legit 100mg works better than Dex riding a bike).

You could successfully use it to starve off your cravings for a few weeks until they're gone, but you need to limit yourself as see it as a medication rather than a pill to get you high. They will also help a lot if you have sleep issues, as i know for weeks after some people do suffer insomnia as well as general discomfort. I found cannabis because its the lesser of all the evils and finding a hobby like cycling can really help a lot, most people don't realise all they do is drugs all day every day. Keeping your mind occupied with tasks is a great way to get outta that habituation, we all need structure in our lives so that we don't have enough time to get to fucked. Also eat healthy drink heaps of water and exercise, the normal stuff a lot of people forget there is a lot connected between you feeling good and eating healthy, maybe then you wouldn't need a drug to create that happiness. Plan out your week and keep yourself busy and not sitting at home looking for that Pip or some other substance to get off on

Last edited:
Strangely enough (or actually not), when lower potency, safer drugs are available to people they often prefer them to the higher potency more intense ones. Which is to say, Mrdingdon, you are not alone.

Unfortunately for many people heroin is more available (and more cost effective than tramadol). Which is kinda fucked up. Then again, a lot of ways we humans interact with the world and each other is incredibly cruel and fucked up (a lot of the time actually; one could look at humanity's entire history as one big fucked up mess of how we tend to try to dominate each other and our environment).

Luckily there are some positive things people do too, but the cruelty and ignore out there boggles the mind at times.

Okay, way off topic. My bad :\ ;)

I’ve been given tramadol in the past for post-operative pain and can’t say it was that euphoric and while it has a definite stim effect, I find it pretty weak.

Am I missing something here cos to describe hardcore amphetamine like products such as Dexedrine or Methamphetamine as less worse than tramadol seems pretty amazing to me?

Tramadol can be slightly helpful in an Opiate withdrawal. On its own its nothing special, quite speedy though so I can see how people can freak about the seizures ...so wouldn't suggest mixing with any amphetamine. If you have a longer-term supply of Tramadol and its that or meth then am sure Tramadol is the answer. It would certainly be the less of the two evils anyway. so to speak

Both are horrible, but Tramadol will have stronger WD. Tramadol WD is just as bad as oxy WD, so opiate WD plus you’de be Going through Effexor ER withdrawal’s also from the Tramadol. Effexor WD is said to be by some to be the worst WD’s ever even worse than opiate WD’s. Guess it depends on person. In general benzo and opiate WD’s are probably the worst.
So that’s hard to answer. Yeah, amps may be really really strong meds, and while Adderall isn’t meth, at high enough doses you probably won’t notice any difference. At least studies have shown most meth users couldn’t tell the difference on a high dose Adderall or their normal amount of meth.
With that said being on high dose Adderall before, coming off it sucked, but lasted maybe 2 weeks of fatigue. Then mentally of course to you feel like crap, the longer you took it the worse and longer it will last.
I haven’t ever managed to go into full blown opiod WD’s before because I’m too scared even hitting 12-16 hour mark of not having any. So I dunno, I guess that shows how horrible I know WD will be a week of hell, everything bad you can imagine will happen. Flu 100x, Cold 100x, pain x 100 stomach bug 100x diherra 100x and depression 100x, and everything bad 100x is opiate WD...
I guess that doesn’t help, one is technically “stronger” yet the other has worse WD. Both destroy your dopamine system. But meth can cause permanent damage, I know opiods can cause long term but not sure if permanent.