• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol with Selegiline (Deprenyl)

SKILL_0x2328;

Greenlighter
I've been wondering if anyone here tried taking Tramadol while being on Selegiline (Deprenyl) ?

I am on 5-10mg daily and really want to take trams today.

I know it's not recommended by the book, but has anyone here actually tried it?

EDIT: Popped 450mg of trams. We shall see

Last edited:
Asking a question trying to practice harm reduction and staying safe and then going ahead and doing it anyway kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

450 mgs was rather a large dose and yep....I guess you will see.

Hope it worked out okay.

I agree it sounded dumb.. but I am opioid dependent and had to take steps quickly..

Yeah, the dose was high but I am an opioid user since 7 years. Taking 500mg codeine daily.

I do not recommend doing this mix! Yes, I am alive and feeling fine, but we all are different, once again, do not try this..

I agree it sounded dumb.. but I am opioid dependent and had to take steps quickly..

Yeah, the dose was high but I am an opioid user since 7 years. Taking 500mg codeine daily.

I do not recommend doing this mix! Yes, I am alive and feeling fine, but we all are different, once again, do not try this..
You should be very careful taking selegiline and tramadol.

If you're mixing it (selegiline) with other drugs and your your serum level gets high enough, it will actually act as an MAO-A inhibitor, that coupled with tramadol presents a significant risk of serotonin syndrome, especially at a 500 mg dose of tramadol.

Tramadol is both a serotonin releaser and a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and has caused serotonin syndrome with both antidepressants and gabapentin.

Thanks for that, tbh been aware of the risk with Selegiline being MAOI-A past certain threshold.

But I've been good! Moreover, it's my first time hearing about gabapentinoids causing SS..
At the moment of popping trams, I've been on:
  • 750mg Pregabalin
  • 10mg Selegiline
  • 24mg Tizanidine
  • 480mg Codeine
So yea, I am in kinda shitty situation.. but adding 450mg Tramadol didn't cause any problems.. perhaps I was lucky? Who knows..

Anyone reading this, don't do such mixes, it's VERY dangerous!

Thanks for that, tbh been aware of the risk with Selegiline being MAOI-A past certain threshold.

But I've been good! Moreover, it's my first time hearing about gabapentinoids causing SS..
At the moment of popping trams, I've been on:
  • 750mg Pregabalin
  • 10mg Selegiline
  • 24mg Tizanidine
  • 480mg Codeine
So yea, I am in kinda shitty situation.. but adding 450mg Tramadol didn't cause any problems.. perhaps I was lucky? Who knows..

Anyone reading this, don't do such mixes, it's VERY dangerous!
Tramadol is definitely NOT a gabapentinoid.

Tramadol is definitely NOT a gabapentinoid.

Never said it was, lol. I was wondering about pregabalin that I've mentioned there, in the ingredients taken as mix :stirpot: since in the posts above gabapentin has been listed as causing SS.. but thanks for trying to help!

Never said it was, lol. I was wondering about pregabalin that I've mentioned there, in the ingredients taken as mix :stirpot: since in the posts above gabapentin has been listed as causing SS.. but thanks for trying to help!
Apparently gabapentin increases serum and CNS serotonin and they don't know the mechanism of action.

I found a citation that pregabalin has also instigated serotonin syndrome, but it's a PDF. Just do a search "Pregabalin serotonin syndrome".

So yes, gabapentinoids, tramadol, and other opiates are actually implicated in serotonin syndrome.

Apparently gabapentin increases serum and CNS serotonin and they don't know the mechanism of action.

I found a citation that pregabalin has also instigated serotonin syndrome, but it's a PDF. Just do a search "Pregabalin serotonin syndrome".

So yes, gabapentinoids, tramadol, and other opiates are actually implicated in serotonin syndrome.
Very interesting! I kinda knew the mechanism of action and even experienced music-appreciation effects of pregabalin, which is serotoninergic drugs effect - but I never knew it was to an excent of possibly causing SS!

THANX! Will read about it.

Very interesting! I kinda knew the mechanism of action and even experienced music-appreciation effects of pregabalin, which is serotoninergic drugs effect - but I never knew it was to an excent of possibly causing SS!

THANX! Will read about it.
I don't think that pregabalin or gabapentin will cause serotonin syndrome by themselves. However, in concert with MAOI's, SSRIs, SNRIs, etc. And apparently opiates they've been shown the cause serotonin syndrome.