• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol WD after 4 days of use?

ydrone

Greenlighter
I’m experiencing a strange and inconvenient reaction to very short term tramadol use.

relevant facts:
  • previous history of opiate addiction but clean for a couple years
  • Leave for Hawaii on vacation on Wednesday
  • Had procedure done on shoulder on Tuesday night and was given tramadol as I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle the craving/fiending from oxy
  • Took tramadol Tuesday through Friday, Friday was highest daily dose of 700mg. Yes I know of seizure risk about 400
  • Also taking very low dose Librium that I have for GI issu

• so I took nothing Saturday and started to feel some mild wd symptoms ( opiate not snri) last night. Slept well but woke up with mild chill, some gi distress, and mild RLS. I took tramadol about noon today ( so nearly 48 hours after last dose) as im a bit of a baby but I don’t want to be withdrawling while away with the family. I have tramadol left but am wondering if just not taking anymore and dealing with likely light WD is smartest or if a quick taper is best. I’m not sure if anyone had any experience with physical dependence starting after such a short time period and if wd symptoms persisted despite short duration of use.

Well I get 100mg tramadols and I don't think I take more then like 500mg a day. I also take norcos every day but I never get with drawl that I can tell. I can go with out my pills with out with drawl however I do want more and I have two tramadol left and I want to take them but I'm not flipping out... I find even the worst withdrawing from tram isn't bad at all. I wouldn't worry too much about it either. Just except the circumstances then make the best of it.

If he surprised if you could stop a daily 500mg tramadol use with no withdrawal but that’s pretty interesting if so. I’m sure the norco helps in your case.

I don’t want to be taking anything. I can deal with the shoulder pain with Tylenol. I also don’t want to be a crabby baby while away with my family. Lol

Wondering if I should try a quick taper, problem is I only have 100mg capsules. Or just push through and hope it’s not too bad?

starting to feel iffy again, 48 hours until takeoff

Wondering if I should try a quick taper, problem is I only have 100mg capsules. Or just push through and hope it’s not too bad?

starting to feel iffy again, 48 hours until takeoff
Could you possibly have caught a bug? There are lots of other reasons for feeling unwell.

Taking tramadol for such a short amount of time shouldn’t be causing withdrawals. Unless you were a big opioid user and it’s a kindling effect then yeah, you probably would have some but they should be mild.

I’d be inclined to say push through it without the taper. If you really do feel it’s a withdrawal then take the tramadol with you and taper whilst away. One every other day if needed. When you’re on holiday you’ll be rightly distracted and so it should be easier.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess I was just looking for some reassurance. That sounds like a good approach

I did have a period in my life where I was using 300mg of oxy per day. Since then I’ve taken pain meds a few times and experienced WD after even short duration use but I’m surprised it would happen with freaking tramadol

I slipped on trams after about eight months clean. Barely any high from a full bilister but felt like shit for days.
After using one day.

Tramadol is a fickle little cunt to master.