• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol + Tegretol (Carbamazepine)

rocketman05

Greenlighter
Does anyone have experience with this combo? I know that Tegretol is a CYP2D6 inducer. Will it potentiate the opioids effects of tramadol?

No, in fact it might even do the opposite. Carbamazepine reduces blood levels of a handful of opioids, including tramadol. Tegretol is notorious for pushing many drugs out of the system. Not only that but you probably shouldnt be taking too much tramadol if you have been prescribed an anticonvulsant (for a related condition, of course people take tegretol for more than just that).

carbamazepine will decrease effectiveness of most drugs , but not tramadol and codeine and dxm
tramadol need to be converted to desmetramadol to be able to agonist mu-opiates receptors which done using cpy2d6 enzyme
tramadol it self is very very weak functional agonist on mu
"Co-administration of quinidine, a potent CYP2D6 enzyme inhibitor, with tramadol, a combination which results in markedly reduced levels of desmetramadol" so the opposite is the opposite

as for the ability of carbamazepine to induce cpy2d6 i don't know , but you said that , if its significantly true, it will works

@negrogesic sorry i know you was trying to help, but i wasn't able to stop my self from correcting you =D

The interaction actually occurs via carbamazepine's induction of CYP3A (of which it is a notorious inducer, aka P4503A) so it definitely would reduce tramadol levels

But the bigger issue is taking tramadol in general if you need an anticonvulsant like carbamazepine.

This is slightly off topic but just wanted to say oxcarbamezine + kratom was a very uncomfortable and had major interaction which felt dangerous.