• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol/ suboxone

EnhancedChimp

Bluelighter
Hey been a while since I lurked on this forum. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm on 1 mg of Suboxone for maintenance and have access to 600 mg of tramadol. Took 300mg 12 hours ago thinking of taking an other 300. Never had seizure before and I have access to Benzo. Am I an idiot for thinking of going for it? Also I'm much bigger then the average guy 5 11 225 pounds. Could my weight make it safer in my case? Usually it takes much higher dosage of anything to get me fucked up. Whether I have a tolerance or not.

Thanks! Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
How long have you been on 1 mg. per day. Months? Years ?

You may feel some of the SNRI effects from the tramadol but I'm not real sure you are going to feel much at the MU receptor. Isn't bupe strong enough even at 1 mg. to pretty much block most of the effects.

Tramadol feels dirty to me anyway. I have never gotten euphoria from it. Just kind of a lazy, sleepy tired. Not in a good way like a benzo would do but almost like a yukky way. Like I'm actually anxious but tired at the same time. Some on here love their trams but I never got that feeling. It might have to do with the SNRI properties......it also makes me feel nauseous.

I hope you get something out of them. A bupe tolerance might make the trams seem real weak.

@Nurse Ratched I actually got a high from it 12 hours ago. Not much but I enjoyed it. I've been at 1 mg for approximately 6 months. Maybe I was in withdrawal and it took it away. At 1 mg it's hit or miss sometimes.

I'm more worried about the seizure from going higher then 400 mg a day.

@Nurse Ratched I actually got a high from it 12 hours ago. Not much but I enjoyed it. I've been at 1 mg for approximately 6 months. Maybe I was in withdrawal and it took it away. At 1 mg it's hit or miss sometimes.

I'm more worried about the seizure from going higher then 400 mg a day.
Not really a nurse so i have no clue but if this is a one off thing ( like you have a few and when they are gone, they are gone ) you'll probably be fine if you are relatively healthy otherwise. I would always worry and not really enjoy the drug if I thought I was pushing the envelope. Instead of enjoying the high i would just be anxious the whole time. Glad you enjoyed the first 200.......hope you enjoy the others.

Will that be the end of it or do you have more?

No that's all I have and I'm not going back to recreational use. I've had them for months actually. But it's my day off and thought I'd give myself a treat lol. I've been doing good in the last 5 years on Suboxone. Maybe once every 3 months I do something stupid but mostly I'm "sober".

No that's all I have and I'm not going back to recreational use. I've had them for months actually. But it's my day off and thought I'd give myself a treat lol. I've been doing good in the last 5 years on Suboxone. Maybe once every 3 months I do something stupid but mostly I'm "sober".
It's always fun to just take something for a day or two and get it out of your system so to speak.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday . Glad you got stable with the subs. Congrats.

Hey been a while since I lurked on this forum. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm on 1 mg of Suboxone for maintenance and have access to 600 mg of tramadol. Took 300mg 12 hours ago thinking of taking an other 300. Never had seizure before and I have access to Benzo. Am I an idiot for thinking of going for it? Also I'm much bigger then the average guy 5 11 225 pounds. Could my weight make it safer in my case? Usually it takes much higher dosage of anything to get me fucked up. Whether I have a tolerance or not.

Thanks! Any feedback is appreciated.
Be VERY careful with that Tramadol! Serotonin Syndrome is no joke! I am a Tramadol lover but I went way too high on a dosage one day & spent 1 night in the ER with that syndrome. I was lucky! Some people who get Serotonin Syndrome come out of it with permanent health issues. I still take Tramadol, but I respect the dosage. Everyone is different in how we metabolize drugs. The goal here is to be safe.

Well shit I just found 4 other pills I'm at 800 mg ATM. I feel ok nodding a little now you got me nervous lol. Thanks for the heads up.

But I will stop now. This is insane to me I could do 70 mg Dilaudid a day but 800 mg tramadol barely does anything yet it can do permanent damage. I'm a fucking idiot lol. Thank god you responded I was about to pop 2 more. Jesus Christ.

Edit: would Benzo help in this case I took 1 mg klonopin a couple hours ago I though it might help with seizures... And add to the buzz lol

Last edited:
But I will stop now. This is insane to me I could do 70 mg Dilaudid a day but 800 mg tramadol barely does anything yet it can do permanent damage. I'm a fucking idiot lol. Thank god you responded I was about to pop 2 more. Jesus Christ.

Edit: would Benzo help in this case I took 1 mg klonopin a couple hours ago I though it might help with seizures... And add to the buzz lol
benzo would help prevent seizure .But this is a harm reduction site and I don't think anyone would recommend taking suboxone and benzo together .But if youre gonna go for it anyway (i mean above400mg tramadol) .Youll defenetely have to take benzos with it.I can't recommend any dosage tho.For me tramadol sucks.I only take it to minimise full agonist withdrawal.Some say bupe do not block tramadol high . Ill never know , i had took 400mg to get high,it was one of the worst highs ive experienced.I have a friend who absolutely loves it tho.even more so than full agonist like codeine and even H

@Mizotlangval Well both my Suboxone and Klonopin is prescribed by a doctor and never had any issue using them together. Really I don't get a buzz at all from my Suboxone. Even if I add a Benzo. What I did today was purely recreational which I don't do much anymore. But I learned my lesson with tramadol. I'm fine though but it just shows how little I know about pharmacology when it comes to certain drugs. Peace!

Tramadol is my favorite drug for chronic pain & the slight euphoria it gives me. I have noticed MOST people don't experience this. Tram makes me almost hypomanic - just enough to make my day productive & fun. Again, everyone is different. If you aren't feeling anything from 1,000mg then please stop. My pain management doctor explained to me once how Tram is metabolized by enzymes CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. Interesting shit. Everyone metabolizes differently. I suffered from Serotonin Syndrome off 800mg Tram, which is double the daily max. I was very sick for 3 days. Now I take 400mg a day; I just cut them in half & I have my own system of taking some every hour that works for me. Be safe DaveTbk - thanks for the posts.