• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol + SSRI very important please help thankyou

crisler

Bluelighter
Does SSRI, zoloft specifically, interact with Tramadol while not taking the Tramadol anymore. I took Tramadol 250mg per day for 3 months. If I discontinue Tramadol and waited about 48 hours after last Tramadol dosage, would taking Zoloft (which I have a prescription to, I just never filled it because of finding tramadol on the street and finding it much more reliant on getting rid of some heavy depression), would taking Zoloft 24-48 Hours into tramadol withdrawal be dangerous in regards to interacting with my brain having taken tramadol for 3 months.

I am extremely terrified of serotonin syndrome or zoloft giving any kind of ssri + snri interaction, extremely, so thats why Im trying to see if this is possoble to happen in this situation/scenario. My plan is to switch from tramadol to zoloft and use it as an aid for tramadol withdrawal. Is this plan stupid? I know absolutely nothing about zoloft, how it feels, what its like, Im extremely terrified of doing this, and if noone here an help me tonight explain whats going tohappen or something so i understand, most likely Im not evengoing to do this. God Im stupid for ever taking tramadol. Im just gonna bite the bullet and cold turkey if I cant do this zoloft plan.

Hope someone can help. Thanks bluelight family !

Yes sertraline can interact with tramadol as it's a SSRI and could result in Serotonin Syndrom.
The idea of weening yourself off the tramadol with sertraline isn't that bad, because this way you'll only experience opioid withdrawal and can tapper down the sertraline if you want to.
Sertraline seems to be a great SSRI for anxiety etc, so I guess it could be beneficial for opioid withdrawal.
The half life of tramadol is 6.3 +-1.4 hours, but I guess it accumulated during those three months,but I'm not sure how much. I'd wait at least 10 half life's, so around 3 days. Even if you had accumulated 1000mg you'd be down to unter 1mg after 10 half lifes
But let's wait for some other opinions.

I just did the math and if you wait two days =48 hours this would be around 7 half life's.
250mg*0.5^7=2mg
1000mg*0.5^7=8mg
So I guess two days should be enough

Im filling the zoloft. Crossing my fingers. dear god dont let this medication interact.