• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol shelf life

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Sorry if this has been covered previously but I know tablets can have a very long shelf life.. but I've got tramadol in capsules is it the same for these too? Or is there a difference ?

Truthfully, from experience I have found that nearly all pills (Tramadol and Clonazepam specifically) have a shelf life of beyond 3 years. At the 3 year point many believe them to start losing potency, but for me that has not been the case. While minimal, my 4 year old Tramadol helped relieve the pain exactly the same it did when I was prescribed it. I was on the capsule formula as well. Hell, Suboxone has a date on it that says it is only good for 1 year but I've had them work 5 years after said date!

The capsules and tablets steadily lose potency. There is no magic cutoff where loss of potency "begins." The shelf-life is extrapolated from temperature/humidity studies which determine when there is 90% of the original drug content left due to drug degradation. When the drug hits its expiration date, it should still be 90% potent or higher. I am not saying it is a good idea to take expired drugs. There can be certain unfavorable byproducts from degradation which you may not want to ingest. I would have no problem taking something that is expired, personally. Unless it was a life saving medication.

I have taken oxycodone from 2001 last year and got exceptionally high I didn’t notice a single decrease at all I think if they’re stored properly in the med containers they pretty much keep their potency through my experiences and it’s not just with Oxys also hydros and I took tramadol that was like 6 years old I believe and it was the exact same effect I expected.

I have taken oxycodone from 2001 last year and got exceptionally high I didn’t notice a single decrease at all I think if they’re stored properly in the med containers they pretty much keep their potency through my experiences and it’s not just with Oxys also hydros and I took tramadol that was like 6 years old I believe and it was the exact same effect I expected.

Yep I have had the same experience. The only noticable difference with Suboxone is the putrid taste is intensified but it actually felt stronger than it originally had. 99% chance this was a placebo since I had assumed it wouldn't work but yeah, I'd say all benzos and opioids (from my experience) last long after the "expiration date". Hell, I have a vet buddy who found Qualuudes from his mother's old cabinet which were DECADES old and he called me speaking jibberish giggling from how "high" he felt.

Hahaha damn I wanna get my hands on some ludes but yeah sub strips like get way rotten tasting idk why they’re a fucking air sealed but yeah I highly advise against the subs because of the horrible flavor