• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids TRAMADOl Seizure yesterday, will it happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubleheadedeagle

Bluelighter
So yesterday I took 1gram of Tramadol following by 300mg of codeine, and 3 hours into the trip I found myself being strapped on a bed on an ambulance car. I had had a grand mal tonic-clonic seizure. I got better on the ER and after 2 hours I got home.

Today I took 1gram of Tramadol again, because addiction... and am hoping to not have a seizure again.
Any tips, advices or words on how to prevent seizures, other than quitting tramadol?

I will have a powerpoint presantation today in front of a class, does this increase the chances of having a seizure?

Dude go to the hospital 400mg tramadol can cause a seizure and you just had a seizure yesterday... that kind of behavior is going to get you killed.

Go to the ER now!!!!

Anything above 300 mg risks seizure

Never do something this stupid again

Yes. It will. Which I say with absolute certainty.

You're going to kill yourself OP. No joke or exaggeration. Get to the doctor now and tell them what you took, and your experience yesterday.
And then tell them you need help quitting.

This is far beyond stupid what you're doing. I have no doubt you'll be dead inside a year, though much sooner is much more likely...couple months IF you're VERY lucky- could very easily happen today or tomorrow.

You're not even supposed to go above 300-400mg SPREAD OUT IN A DAY. Even that dosage range risks seizures.
Dude, there IS NO WAY to prevent tramadol seizures besides quitting tramadol. Are you brain dead??

Considering the decisions you're making (especially considering the circumstances- that you just had a seizure yesterday and still chose to do the same stupid ass thing THE FOLLOWING DAY), plus the fact that you think there's some magical way to make you seizure-proof while continuously massively overdosing on tramadol, may I ask are you on the spectrum by chance? No offense intended to those who are..

-PA

We probably won't hear from the OP too they get back from the hospital. Make sure you update us as we are worried

I can't agree more here. It will happen again. 1 gram is an overdose.

Yes. It will. Which I say with absolute certainty.

You're going to kill yourself OP. No joke or exaggeration. Get to the doctor now and tell them what you took, and your experience yesterday.
And then tell them you need help quitting.

This is far beyond stupid what you're doing. I have no doubt you'll be dead inside a year, though much sooner is much more likely...couple months IF you're VERY lucky- could very easily happen today or tomorrow.

You're not even supposed to go above 300-400mg SPREAD OUT IN A DAY. Even that dosage range risks seizures.
Dude, there IS NO WAY to prevent tramadol seizures besides quitting tramadol. Are you brain dead??

Considering the decisions you're making (especially considering the circumstances- that you just had a seizure yesterday and still chose to do the same stupid ass thing THE FOLLOWING DAY), plus the fact that you think there's some magical way to make you seizure-proof while continuously massively overdosing on tramadol, may I ask are you on the spectrum by chance? No offense intended to those who are..

-PA

We probably won't hear from the OP too they get back from the hospital. Make sure you update us as we are worried

Seconded. Let us know you're alive OP.

Hopefully they were at least smart enough to take advice and get there immediately before seizing again- and likely waking up in a bloody mess that was their head this time (as is common in this situation, and as I know from experience).

-PA

Let me get this straight, So you took 1000mg of tram had a seizure went to the ER then today you take another 1000mg and are expecting to hopefully not have a seizure? People like you are why drugs are illegal well part of the reason.

Let me get this straight, So you took 1000mg of tram had a seizure went to the ER then today you take another 1000mg and are expecting to hopefully not have a seizure? People like you are why drugs are illegal well part of the reason.

Mm-Hm. These are the people that ruin it for everyone else.. they give the prohibitionists the easy out/scapegoat/excuses. The idiots aren't only hurting themselves. We all know who to thank.

But that's beside the point, we should probably be trying to give OP support in his dire situation instead of pointing out his part in prohibition and assigning obvious blame.

OP, if your tolerance is so high that you're dosing a gram at a time, you realize you might as well be abusing fucking antidepressants, right? Tolerance builds more quickly to the opioid effects than to the antidepressant effects of tramadol, so that's basically what you're getting....

I'd suggest getting antidepressants from your doctor to get off the tramadol, but I'm actually really not sure I feel comfortable in suggesting it since I fear I could see you TRYING to abuse and overdosing those too....which by the way, aren't abusable or euphoric in any way (but also very dangerous)- just so you hopefully don't get any bright ideas...

Regardless, you absolutely MUST GET OFF THE TRAMADOL and quit trying to kill yourself.

-PA

Last edited:
So, after looking, seeing all of his posts and threads, this stupidity is more than a trend of his.

Honestly, I'm not sure there's even a point to us having had responded to this thread, or even him posting questions at all, because (AND HE EVEN HAS A THREAD WILLFULLY ADMITTING THIS!) he does NOT listen, straight up dismisses any and all advice from his fellow BLers, nor EVEN BOTHERS WAITING FOR RESPONSES before doing stupid shit.

There has to be something seriously wrong with his head that none of us are going to be able to get through to him. Of course, we're all here for a reason- we do things that tend not to be the best or healthiest things for ourselves....but this guy takes risk taking to an excessive (not to mention stupid and immature/childish) level, and doesn't bother listening to any advice offered here to be safer/healthier/reduce harm (which is the whole point!)....so I have no idea why he's even here. Complete waste of time and effort.

One thing is for sure....he should definitely NOT be using drugs.

-PA

Guys I had such a huge tolerance in the past that I did 1800mg several times without seizures, honestly I had only one seizure in 5 years of use and that was because I went on a binge with speed and tramadol and on the last day I did not have speed anymore and only 300 mg tramadol ( I did 1000mg per day at the time without issues,not even one due to my tolerance) so I seized on 300mg tramadol but did not on 1000mg :))) anyway it's not necessary that he will have a seizure again, I was scared, shook, after the seizure incident so I did not take tramadol for a few days but being as addicted as I was and without the posibility to go into withdrawal as I had a 9 to 6 job so I continued to take tramadol,again 1000mg per day with no seizures. So it really depends on the OP's body, he might have one again but he might not, as I had one on 300 but did not have on 1000 although my tolerance was way over 1000mg. Anyway you can take some anti-convulsants and such like clonazepam + convulex I would say and this way you will reduce some harm even more but your best bet is to quit tramadol so if you need help please hit me up with a private message and we can work out something for you.

Guys I had such a huge tolerance in the past that I did 1800mg several times without seizures, honestly I had only one seizure in 5 years of use and that was because I went on a binge with speed and tramadol and on the last day I did not have speed anymore and only 300 mg tramadol ( I did 1000mg per day at the time without issues,not even one due to my tolerance) so I seized on 300mg tramadol but did not on 1000mg :))) anyway it's not necessary that he will have a seizure again, I was scared, shook, after the seizure incident so I did not take tramadol for a few days but being as addicted as I was and without the posibility to go into withdrawal as I had a 9 to 6 job so I continued to take tramadol,again 1000mg per day with no seizures. So it really depends on the OP's body, he might have one again but he might not, as I had one on 300 but did not have on 1000 although my tolerance was way over 1000mg. Anyway you can take some anti-convulsants and such like clonazepam + convulex I would say and this way you will reduce some harm even more but your best bet is to quit tramadol so if you need help please hit me up with a private message and we can work out something for you.

^^ Yes you are right, everybody's body is different and 1 gram of tramadol is not necessarily going to give you a seizure.

HOWEVER, if you just had a seizure YESTERDAY.... and you choose take the same dose of tramadol the next day... That is a very unwise, absurd, incompetent and just straight up stupid decision to make... And IMO requires immediate medical supervision.

Don't mean to be rude OP but I really hope you learned your lesson here.

Please let us know if you survive...

What he did is indeed stupid, but I feel like he was attacked way too much by you guys which surprised me thinking of a lot of stupid situations where you guys handled it nicely without flaming the OP. Anyway OP, I know you will continue to take it even if you have your second seizure because you are an addict after all. So my advice, go to a hospital/medical center and start tappering off under their supervision, this way you can continue to take tramadol for a while, and in case of a seizure the doctors can help you much more if they react instantly than they would do when you arrive at the er after 20 + min. You don't want to quit, I understand that too, but take the taper in consideration because with it you don't have to go till 0 mg, you can go from 1000mg to 400mg and stay on 400 mg or 300 mg or any other dosage which is much more safer seizure wise. Although trust me, one day you will really want to quit tho you won't really know how. so as I said go search for medical supervision until you get to a safe spot dosage wise and from that return to your "normal" life on tramadol until you come to your senses and decide to quit.

Guys I had such a huge tolerance in the past that I did 1800mg several time

You don't develop a tolerance to the seizure inducing effect of tramadol, and in fact having a seizure once means you will be MUCH more likely to have a seizure again. You got lucky until now, thats all, and now your luck has run out, the chances of you having another seizure from a much smaller dose has now increased exponentially because of your earlier seizure.

well in my case, I don't know about OP, I even relapsed got to the same dose for a few months and did not have a seizure at all. it really depends on your body, I don't think any of us has an answer for this. For questions like "Will I have a seizure again?" the only answer is "we don't know and we can't know" but for the question "Is there a bigger chance of me having a seizure than before?" the answer is "Yes". So better go to a doctor and try to get off that shit or to get to a safe dosage. I hope that you are safe OP and you will take better care of yourself in the future! Arguing or flaming won't help the OP, so please others before posting something like that take this in consideration also, no need for hate in such a lovely community.

PerpetualAnhedonic, why don't you take your 'are you on the spectrum' comment, turn it sideways, light it on fire and ram it up your arse?

Don't be a fucking dick. Saying 'no offense meant to anyone who is' doesn't mean a goddamn thing. Would you say 'sorry, no offense to any black people, but you are acting like a big dumb fucking nigger' to someone, and not expect black folk to get pissed? I very much doubt it. So think, before you open your mouth.

Auties and aspies are not mentally retarded, for one, and for two, even calling some moron like the OP 'retard' or something equivalent to it, demeans the mentally retarded by virtue of turning who they are, into an insult. I can only hope you will listen to this and learn from it, because it IS highly offensive, and just perpetuates stereotypes about us (FYI, I'm classically autistic) that we really, really have too damn much of already, we don't want or need what we already have, never mind adding more to the shitpile.

LC

This has been a Flame-Fest and stopped being beneficial awhile back. Heaping hate on the OP is not HR and I should have kept this in check much earlier.

doubleheadedeagle if you want this re-opened PM me or feel free to start a new thread.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.