• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tramadol question urgent

rob1990

Greenlighter
I take 100mg of zoloft/sertraline. how ever I recently come across some tramadol would taking 100mg then a further 50 be low risk ? I know it potentially can cause serotonin syndrome but have also read other threads and quite a few that doctors prescribe it.

also I it's been 24 hours since my last zoloft dose

also I know some think tramadol is a poor drug but in my past experience with it. it Is the greatest anti depressant/pill I have had

serotonin syndrome is kinda rare I took tramadol after getting out of rehab ( I am addicted to trams for 6 years already) with some ssnris ssris and ads and I did not have any serotonin syndrome symptoms but take care do not exceed your safe dose

If you keep your doses very low you might be alright but keep in mind that tramadol's effects are mostly due to its metabolism into O-desmethyltramadol. I'm pretty sure zoloft inhibits the cyp2d6 enzyme to an extent and it will definitely still be in your system after only 24 hours.

i'm saying tramadol might not work as well as you want it to. Don't go taking more tramadol in the hopes that you brute force it. You might just be putting yourself in danger, if it doesn't work at the 100-150mg range you might just want to count this one as a loss and go back to your daily antidepressants.