• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol potentiators.

forestman4

Bluelighter
So, this is a question that is probably asked a lot.

But I know that you need cyp2d6 enzymes to convert tramadol into o-desmethyltramadol.

However cyp2d6 inducers are very rare and too few to come across for the every day commoner.

That should explain why I get super high sometimes and sometimes I don't get as much desired effects.

Is there an enzyme that you could maybe inhibit so that all the tramadol you take becomes o-desmethyltramadol?

If so is it easy? And any undesirable effects I can get from such inhibition?

I rarely take tramadol due to the fact I enjoy it and want my tolerance to be low (at 250mg). And I would like to get the most out of it. I also do not want to go into any other opiates or opiods like heroin etc... because they are addictive..

P.S (this might just be placebo) but i fond that chronic nicotine intake through snus two hours before tramadol seems to potentiate the effects of tramadol? So maybe nicotine could be an inducer? Is there any evidence to back this?

P.P.S I take 50 mg every 30 minutes till I reach my desired dose of 250mg. Is this a correct way of taking tramadol? Or should I just take 250mg at once?

I've tried both ways. Taking it all at once worked best for me. But I've seen many others say the opposite.

I would personally experiment with it and see what you feel is best.

By the way 250mg is not a low dosage. I'd say more medium-high range. Treading on seizure territory, minor risk but it's still there. As for me I was doing 400mg daily. Never really took more than that as I knew I was in a huge risk of having a seizure at that point and it got me pretty high anyway.

I've tried both staggering the dose and taking it all in one go and I'd say staggered lasts a lot longer but all at once had a greater kick, not by much though. It's a trade off, you have to decide what you want.

But doesn't your liver need time to convert the tramadol you take into o-desmethyltramadol? I heard somewhere it does this conversion at a rate of 50 mg per 30 minutes. So then if you took anymore you are just wasting the rest and run a higher risk of serotonin syndrome as more tramadol converts into the other inactive useless product of tramadol in your liver that causes the serotonin syndrome.

But my question is, is there a way to inhibit this other enzyme that produces the useless product from tramadol. So then all the tramadol becomes o-desmethyltramadol.

I agree 250 mg is a high dose but it is my optimal dosage.

I tell you what forestman4, that kind of makes sense.

Usually if I stagger the dose I don't get the huge rush of euphoria like I do if I just take them all together. Although if I take them slowly it lasts longer and it's much more of a calm slow high.

It just depends what you like. When I take them all in one go. 30 minutes or so after I've taken them I'll be happy as hell for about an hour or two then it'll just turn into the more calm high for about 6 hours and then barely noticeable.

If I stagger, I don't get the rush of euphoria but I'll get the calm subtle high for about 12 hours but it's a bit more intense than the calm subtle high what I'd get after the rush of taking it all together.

For me I like the more intense fast paced rush which is why I like taking them all together, plus I don't like wasting my time taking one or two every 15-30 minutes because I find myself always staring at the clock waiting for the time to pass.

That makes sense.. I'm doing 100 mg in one go and seperating it by two hits every 30 min..

Gonna be a lovely night..
But no one knows of any potentiators?

cyclizINe I always take 5 to 12mg valjum 20 overpowered it bt low doses potentiate cannabis gabapentjn after its kicked in or pregablin hour before baclofen also pofentI ates valerian ropt does aswell even the cheap ones would add euphoria to my.morphine nod. also other opiates be potentiates by 50 to 150mg tramadol also stack ya doses 100 then 50 half hour later then another 50mg half hour after do the same with gabapentin. also nefopam potentiates opiates not sure about. tramadol as there the same. drug.except.nefopam.drug.except.nefopam.doesnt. hit the. mu receptor or any.others

I've taken trams for years so most potentiates don't work as well for me. Lyrica potentiates alot of opes I including trams.. I can tell you what kills a tram buzz for me: alcohol (throw trams out window) weed(same), Seroquel. Most amphetamines including Sudafed potentiates. Of course most opes potentiate. Taking trams all at once is what I like.

I have a lot of experience with Tramadol, and that's how I do it.

1. I take 150mg of Pregabalin 30' before Tramadol, if I take 300mg I will end up nodding, and I do not like it.
2. I take 150mg of Tramadol at a time, then, every hour, I take +50mg until I reach 300mg.
3. When I am on the plateau (+4h), then I vaporize THC or AB-PINACA in the e-cig, but I must be careful because it can be overwhelming.
4. To return to the effect of Tramadol during the following 12h I simply use my e-cig to enhance the Tramadol, as soon as I feel the Cannabinoid, I feel that it acts as an enhancer.

Advantage:

1. Pleasure at the same level as 30mg Oxi, but much longer.
2. With Pregabalina I feel my thoughts become more abstract and deep. I have tried anticholinergics, with a little alcohol, with benzos ... nothing, I have not liked these mixtures. 150mg of Pregabalin are the best option.
3. Once you start consuming the cannabinoid, prepare to receive the most impressive CEV and OEV, and I am not a newbie in the world of hallucinations lol.
Very realistic: walls that fill with trees, the ceiling becomes an organic texture of multiple colors. The walls breathe, strange shapes in the dark (similar to the hallucinations of Zolpidem), Persian fabrics in the objects and more. Pregabalin also helps all this, if I do not take it, the hallucinations are minor but they are there.

Disadvantages:

1. Breathing a bit choppy, it is important not to panic, you just have to relax and accept that condition.
2. Unfocused look, impossible to read anything or focus the view more than 2 or 3 seconds.
3. Once the cannabinoid comes in, be careful. It is easy to have some dizziness and that can induce anxiety. With time and experience you get along well, but I have friends that the feeling has overwhelmed them and they have had small panic attacks.
4. With this combo, using the cananbinoid as a reinforcer, you can easily be 48 hours without getting out of bed. It can be nice if you have time, but if you have to go to work or have commitments, it's crap.

For me, Tramadol is a substance that gives me very deep and positive experiences, except for a few exceptions, but for many people Tramadol is shit.
Each one is different.

I have never tried inducers for the liver enzyme that converts Tramadol to O-demethyltramadol, in my case it is not necessary, and I do not know to what extent it can be dangerous.
These recommendations are only for someone with little tolerance to the drugs mentioned. If it is your first time, better 200mg of Tramadol instead of 300mg.

Here my two cents.

DocLad

Last edited:
I have 50mg tramadol capsules and I want to get high with it. Do I take a single dose of 350mg or take 200mg later 100mg and later other 100?

I have 50mg tramadol capsules and I want to get high with it. Do I take a single dose of 350mg or take 200mg later 100mg and later other 100?

If it's your first time in Tramadol 350mg is a lot.
200mg is more suitable for a first experience.

100mg + 50mg (+30 ') + 50mg (+30').

DocLad

You don't need to
stagg tramadol, and it takes far longer than 30 minutes to (fully) convert

PO, DMT(Tram's active metabolite and Mu opioid agonist, although it still has some other effects, to a lesser extent than tramadol itself) reaches peak plasma levels (Tmax) within 4 hours, 2-3 mean is relatively decent. Even when injected, Tmax for DMT was ~ 1.5-2hrs, IIRC (100mg doses, though it can vary a bit per study) Staggering has been demonstrated, at least once (?),? To slightly improve absorption, however it is not like gabapentin, and the delay is likely not worth an extra 10-15% BA%, and you would need to stagger properly

Trams BA% is in the ballpark 50-70%, though it varies,, new can be improved (or lowered; What you pretty much use is 3A4 and other compatible inhibitors (not 2D though!) as this should increase the amount of tramadol absorbed, and cmax, which in turn increases DMT levels, as the metabolism is based on the amount taken, although it would cap at a large enough dose, due to limited ability of 2D; however tramadol is somewhat self-limiting, so this shouldn't be an issue

Note that the use of 3A4 inhibitors is based upon IV tramadol producing double the amount of it's metabolite, as Dmt peak plasma levels (Cmax) were ~doubled after IV administration (contrary to what some have posted previously, first pass metabolism does not help most hepatic pro-drugs,?as first pass also occurs in the gi tract, and other reasons) - unfortunately, using moderate-large doses of inhibitors, or simply potent inhibitors, of primarily 3A4, shall have a similar effect to raising dose - which is dandy if supply is an issue. However if you simply want more Mu agonism w/out the side effects, tramadol isn't really a practical option for most