• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Tramadol plus Modafinil

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelighters,

What's going on? Well, I have the following question: if I take tramadol in big doses, will I be able to take it together with Modafinil?

I have heard that the mix is quite good and wanted to try it. Obviously, when I take big doses of tramadol, I take diazepam or clonazepam.
According to drugbank (one of my favorite pages) this interaction:

The metabolism of Tramadol can be increased when combined with Modafinil.

Maybe I should lower my tramadol intake a bit and give it a try? What do you think? I'd love to read your opinion you guys.

Thanks.

I couldn't find tramadol in my cursory readings of the drug interactions list, but for other opioids it says modafinil decreases the efficiency of opioids by reducing how much is metabolised into the active form.

That isn't to say you should take more tramadol because theres still a seizure risk and I think stimulants in general can increase your risk of seizures.

For harm reduction it's always safest to take lower doses of each when trying a new combination of drugs. But yeah tramadols a bit of a wierd one.

I couldn't find tramadol in my cursory readings of the drug interactions list, but for other opioids it says modafinil decreases the efficiency of opioids by reducing how much is metabolised into the active form.

That isn't to say you should take more tramadol because theres still a seizure risk and I think stimulants in general can increase your risk of seizures.

For harm reduction it's always safest to take lower doses of each when trying a new combination of drugs. But yeah tramadols a bit of a wierd one.

Yeah I don't know which web page is correct. I even thought that Drugbank was reliable but after that, I don't know. Since tramadol is also metabolized like codeine (by the CYP3A4 enzyme), so in theory it should have the same interaction (reduced opioid metabolism).

Why do you want to take this particular combo though? Modafinil isn't euphoric at all, just makes it impossible to fall asleep lol

Are you sure? I had the idea that Modafinil was a bit euphoric at low doses. Not euphoric like an antemphamine or even Adderall. In any case, I am a person who even with a coffee I feel some euphoria.

Well, it's just an idea that came to me after two guys said the mix was pretty good.