• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol + Lyrica + benzos can it be a dangerous combination?

DoubleRedLine

Greenlighter
Hello guys! This evening I decided to through some lyrica and benzos along with my daily tramadol (i take tramadol for 4 years every day) by the evening I had already 400mg tramadol in my blood and around 300 mg pregabalin(Lyrica), later i decided to add some extra diazepam (Valium) so I took 10mg.... Thinking about taking a bit more, do you think it has potential to be dangerous?

Also except the seizure risk is there anything else I should worry about my long term tramadol habit that I do not look forward to quit?

Since this is a harm reduction site .No one would recommend mixing cns depressants.Youre mixing three different cns depressants.Mixing H and benzo is the no1 cause of Of OD death in my state.(not america).
But it seems you you're not opiate naive and 10mg diazepam is not a very high dose you'd be fine

oh!..i I also have had substitute my opiate addiction with Pregabalin(Lyrica) and my tolerance grew through the roof in a matter of weeks .Stay safe brother

Since this is a harm reduction site .No one would recommend mixing cns depressants.Youre mixing three different cns depressants.Mixing H and benzo is the no1 cause of Of OD death in my state.(not america).
But it seems you you're not opiate naive and 10mg diazepam is not a very high dose you'd be fine

This is definitely true. We are a lot of people here with a lot of different tolerance(s) to different drugs. For this reason, it's better to err on the side of caution and treat and Opioid as an Opioid and not "discriminate" in thinking that Codeine or Tramadol or what have you is not capable of killing. You could kill someone with Tramadol alone, but when you mix with a Benzodiazepine, you greatly increase your chance of having a negative reaction/overdose.

I've done a lot of reading about Gabapentinoids like Pregabalin (Lyrica) in terms of their efficacy in addiction medicine, the safety of their recreational usage et cetera and unfortunately the jury is out regarding how dangerous they are. Are Gabapentinoids CNS depressants? It would appear that they are, but they also appear to be much, much safer than Benzodiazepines in the same position. Some articles are misleading and it makes things difficult. For instance, finding Gabapentin in someone's urine after an overdose doesn't imply that it played any role in killing them. It does highlight the fact that Opioid users show some kind of preference for these drugs for some reason.