• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol for Opiate withdrawal

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
Hey all new here and have a question for some you who have been through wd before. Pretty much I been smoking H for quite a while now prolly commin up on two years, at my worst I was prolly doin a g n half a day but now only a 40, sometimes just a 20 buy have tried to quit a couple time with no success, now I'm ready to give it another try, I'm wondering if Tramadol is a good idea to help ease the wd, like if I were to take just enough to make it so I'm not in so much agony and its bareable will my tolerance continue to lower and level off to where the Tramadol makes me feel normal..my plan is to take 100-200mg until that dose is enough to not feel sick then stop altogether or maybe taper the Tramadol a little more iv got a good amount of 50ng pills, sorry if this don't make much sense I'm a little high atm, thanks in advance

I'd look into kratom vs tramadol. Tramdol will help a bit, but I think that kratom has stronger mu opiod effects and that's what you're going to need.

Look into gabapentin, too. It's not an opiate, but damned if it doesn't fix 90% of withdrawal symptoms for me.

I would go with the above user and try Gabapentin/Neurontin. I'm prescribed 900mg a day and this was after I was doing H and coke for 4 months straight. I like it a lot. You have to be careful with Tramadol though because of the high seizure risk. I've seen someone seizure after taking 50mg Tramadol for 2 days straight. Gabapentin should help with that though.

You most likely will only get the serotonergic effects from tramadol because of your tolerance.
I was addicted to tilidine and at that time i got only unpleasant effects from tramadol...no opioid feeling at all.

Minimal maintenance value to you, with your tolerance. Along with the serotonergic effects and seizure potential, this isn't the drug for you.

Damn I was hoping to hear different...the only other thing I have that may help is mirtazapine, iv read it helps a lot of people sleep so obviously if it can put me out for most the peak of the wd that would be great, anybody ever used it and do you think it would be benificial for wd? On wiki is says if may help with wd but it doesn't say wd from what

Iv also been reading slit about Imodium and pretty much gave the same question as Tramadol, will Imodium just prolong the withdrawal or will my tolerance continue to lower in it

Alright so I did somthing kind of stupid today...I started taking suboxone yesterday morning, I ended up taking 14mg which I think was to much as I was extremely fatigued all day, I woke up this morning and did 2mg sub(1/4) strip then ended up scoring a 40 bag this afternoon, my question is can I continue to use the suboxone 24hr after I used? Or do I have to wait for the suboxone in my system to ware off then wait 24 hrs....pretty much even tho I slipped up today can I continue my suboxone program, thanks for any help it is much appreciated

Alright so I did somthing kind of stupid today...I started taking suboxone yesterday morning, I ended up taking 14mg which I think was to much as I was extremely fatigued all day, I woke up this morning and did 2mg sub(1/4) strip then ended up scoring a 40 bag this afternoon, my question is can I continue to use the suboxone 24hr after I used? Or do I have to wait for the suboxone in my system to ware off then wait 24 hrs....pretty much even tho I slipped up today can I continue my suboxone program, thanks for any help it is much appreciated

Don't take 14 mill man , the sub docs won't tell u but the shit rots ur teeth, check out some of my previous posts a lot of sub users have been chiming in saying same thing, less is more w/ subs. The docs want u on as much as possible but is completely & irresponsibly unnecessary, might want to wait 36 hours after h or atleast until ur in a nice w/d to take sub again, precipitated w/d can b a bitch & I'm sure u don't want that. GL mane any questions ask, I've tapered from 8mg to my current dose of 1/2 of 1mg. Been on 3 yrs or more.

Well I started the sub again this morning with 4mg and took another 4mg later on in the day and feel pretty good right now, so I'm gonna try to take 2mg in the morning and another 2mg later in the evening and maybe try to stay with that for a couple days and drop to 1mg twice a day