• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol capsules

bubblysquid69

Greenlighter
have been given tramdol 100mgs alongside my quetiapine 300mgs just wondering if this can cause an increase in palpitations i already get them from the Tramadol but they pass within a few mins but when i take the Quetiapine and have had the tramadol even when i leave it the 6 hours before taking it i get palpitations that last a good 20 mins and my breathing becomes slightly laboured this has caused an increase in anxiety also but i'm not sure if that's a side effect or if im just panicking when it happened

Please stop taking that combination right away! Did a doctor prescribe Tramadol AND Seroquel to you?

There's a major interaction between the two:

"Using tramadol together with quetiapine can lead to serious side effects including seizures, respiratory distress, coma, and even death.

GENERALLY AVOID: The use of tramadol in conjunction with quetiapine should generally be avoided unless alternative treatment options are inadequate."

Tramadol works like an opiate, but it also works like an SSRI. Never take it with another antidepressant or it could cause serotonin syndrome just so you know.

It's slowing down your breathing so you're feeling some effects of respiratory distress. Don't combine Tramadol and Seroquel anymore for your own safety.

Last edited:
I used to get prescribed Tramadol 2x50mg 4 times a day alongside of Mirtazapine 45mg and I was completely fine. Then again Mirtazapine isn't an SSRI or SNRI it's an atypical antidepressant so I'm sure how u will fair

thank you so much guys! ended up calling 111 last night as the palpitations and breathing were at there worst which is why i initially reached out here and they said exactly what you said coast to coast they were shocked my GP had prescribed the 2 together as it can be dangerous considering i have a history of AF and have been known to have bad reactions to other medications of a similar nature they've advised i don't take any further Tramadol and see my GP for a review of my medication tomorrow, i was on mirtazapine before evo4eva never had an issue its seems to be because of the similarity of the compounds of both the Tramadol and quetiapine, but thank you again guys. great help and reassured me that i wasn't just freaking myself out and panicking it was a genuine side affect.

^ Wow! I'm just glad you're all right. I don't know what your GP was thinking by giving you that combo. Maybe you should look for another doctor? I don't trust that person's judgment.

My GP has me on both Tramadol and Quetiapine and has never mentioned anything about an interaction to me :/
I rarely actually take my quetiapine, though.

My GP has me on both Tramadol and Quetiapine and has never mentioned anything about an interaction to me :/
I rarely actually take my quetiapine, though.

Well don't take them together.

Tramadol was a lifesaver for me many years ago. It wasn't prescribed though. Back then, it was really easy to get a bottle of 180 pills on the internet for a reasonable price. It totally lifted my depression and helped with anxiety as well. I was able to function and be in a relationship because of it. People can lecture about self-medicating, but when nothing else works for your depression and bipolar, you use whatever actually helps no matter what. Government caught on and it got harder to order so I had to quit.

Tramadol has the worst withdrawal symptoms I've experienced, but kratom helps. So if you ever need to quit, remember to use kratom. :)

Last edited:
I dont know what it is about Tramadol but GP's love to prescribe it over any other opioid in the UK. The SNRI part of it makes it feel dirty. I'd rather take Codeine. At least with Codeine its only hitting your mu opioid receptors, but Tramadol hits the Serotonin and Norepinephrine system as well which makes it feel horrible imo and it just adds to the side-effects profile.

I dont know what it is about Tramadol but GP's love to prescribe it over any other opioid in the UK. The SNRI part of it makes it feel dirty. I'd rather take Codeine. At least with Codeine its only hitting your mu opioid receptors, but Tramadol hits the Serotonin and Norepinephrine system as well which makes it feel horrible imo and it just adds to the side-effects profile.

That's also why withdrawals are so horrid. It's like coming off of an antidepressant and an opiate at the same time. You get the brain zaps and everything. It can be scary. Kratom is the only way I could quit without suffering.