• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol + Bupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedygonzo

Greenlighter
This is my first post so bare with me. I was able to obtain about 200mg of tramadol. I'm wondering what a good starter dose is. I also take about 8mg of suboxone daily. Thanks in advance.

You could take it all and not feel much of anything. Dont even bother.

,^^ this. They are pretty weak, but can still cause seizures(Tramadol). Don't expect too much.

Tramadol is a weak opiate type drug to begin with. On top of the sub would be even more pointless. The small amount of narcotic effect that would take place I assume would then be reversed the next day when you take your AM dose of bupe.

Though not likely to cause actual precipitated WD's taken in the manner you describe having a small amount of another opiate on your receptors can be uncomfortable when you take suboxone the same day or next day.

As for the SNRI properties they are minimal at low dosages and in high doses you are at a greater risk of a seizure. If you want to experiment with a drug that acts as a serotonin releasing agent do some research and you could find a number of safer alternatives.

Wait a minute I feel like I'm getting the impression from these responses that buprenorphine will block tramadol but isn't that not the case? I swear I have heard that people on bupe maintenance can still catch a buzz on tramadol.

But ya lots of people will say Tramadol is weak and a really shitty painkiller. I find it quite nice honestly but my opiate tolerance isn't terribly high.

^ It'll block some of it's effects, and not others.. but your opioid tolerance is high from 8mg bupe/daily.. so you won't feel many of the analgesic effects.

True you'd need to go up to 400 mg to feel anything and this dosage I recommend to add a benzo to reduce the possibility of seizures

Well we got the answer to this one already, but we'll keep it open for a little longer to see if anyone else has any other insight on the topic..

Thank you guys. Seems like it wont do much. I'm just going to save them for rainy day. I appreciate all the replys.

Just wanted to say this again: Everything over 300mg of tramadol can cause a seizure (there's one report of a woman seizing from only 250mg)

Status
Not open for further replies.