• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and Modafinil? Risks?

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelighters.
I apologize if this has already been asked but I didn't find many answers about this interaction. A user here told me that the combination tram/modafinil was safe and in fact tramadol seemed to be potentiated by modafinil. But my fear are seizures. I have never suffered from any seizure, despite abusing tramadol in huge doses. I know about the danger of mixing tramadol and stimulants but I feel like modafinil is different, right?. I still feel a little scared of this mix, as my tramadol doses are too large. Either way, I have benzos in case I feel strange or to raise the seizure threshold. What do you think? Has anyone taken tramadol or any other opioid with modafinil?

Well if you were taking a traditional opioid you would be fine because they act on different parts of the CNS but since we are talking about the frankenchem tramadol there is a small danger of seizures. You obviously aren't prone to them I think or you would have gotten fucked up already from the tram. Overall I'd say the risk is moderate but I can't reccomend it.

Well if you were taking a traditional opioid you would be fine because they act on different parts of the CNS but since we are talking about the frankenchem tramadol there is a small danger of seizures. You obviously aren't prone to them I think or you would have gotten fucked up already from the tram. Overall I'd say the risk is moderate but I can't reccomend it.

The frankstein of opioids hahaha. If there are risks of seizures, I prefer not to take them together.
Thank you very much for your answer.

The frankstein of opioids hahaha. If there are risks of seizures, I prefer not to take them together.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Not a problem. My friend was prescribed it after a care accident and he started having seizures occasionally after he took it. This lasted for a few years after he stopped and he only took it 2 times.

The is also evidence that its lowering of the seizure threshold is not dose dependant aka a therapeutic dose has as much danger of seizures as 500 mg. Take care and keep being cautious!

Not a problem. My friend was prescribed it after a care accident and he started having seizures occasionally after he took it. This lasted for a few years after he stopped and he only took it 2 times.

The is also evidence that its lowering of the seizure threshold is not dose dependant aka a therapeutic dose has as much danger of seizures as 500 mg. Take care and keep being cautious!

I honestly didn't know at first that tramadol caused seizures when abusing it. I spent almost 1 year regularly taking doses at the limit of 400 mg or more. It was when I entered this forum or when I read reports of people with seizures from tramadol. For the same reason, now I always try to have a benzo on hand just in case. Also I never take it with any stimulant, except low doses of caffeine.
Apparently I have a fairly high seizure threshold but I'm not going to take risks with that. When I've seen people seizure it's pretty scary shit.

I honestly didn't know at first that tramadol caused seizures when abusing it. I spent almost 1 year regularly taking doses at the limit of 400 mg or more. It was when I entered this forum or when I read reports of people with seizures from tramadol. For the same reason, now I always try to have a benzo on hand just in case. Also I never take it with any stimulant, except low doses of caffeine.
Apparently I have a fairly high seizure threshold but I'm not going to take risks with that. When I've seen people seizure it's pretty scary shit.
Same. I abused it too a couple times though I knew the risks and now would not take it without a benzo. The problem with that is you need to make sure to take less than normal or you may risk respiratory depression as well so I stick to traditional opiates on the occasion I can get them. Also it can be pretty hard to take a benzo if you start having a seizure after the fact. I used to be addicted to synthetic cannabinoids and would have seizures regularly, even during a petite mal its hard to think and move properly.