• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Tramadol and MDMA, lost magic?

D0CT0R

Greenlighter
Do you know does tramadol do same type of "damage to brain" that MDMA does. And I mean that you loose the magic from MDMA, can you loose the MDMA magic with tramadol? 8(

Do you know does tramadol do same type of "damage to brain" that MDMA does. And I mean that you loose the magic from MDMA, can you loose the MDMA magic with tramadol? 8(

Tramadol while being used for pain, is also surprisingly a serotonin reuptake inhibitor.

That method of action is believed to be why many persons on SSRI medications have a much lessened or even almost no effects from MDMA.

You likely need a long term (several weeks) washout period without using tramadol to properly experience MDMA, if the re-uptake inhibition is causing the issue.

Because tramadol is a re-uptake inhibitor -- it should never be taken WITH a serotonin releasing drug (like MDMA) -- it runs the risk of serotonin syndrome (which has occurred with tramadol use)

Tramadol has many ways of acting. At first it is a serotonin-RELEASER, a norepinephrine-reuptake-inhibitor, an (weak) opioid and a NMDA-Antagonist. But in my experience the magic feeling of tramadol gets less after a longer period of everyday use, but not in the way that you don't feel any effects, it's just not as energizing anymore. And after a break it hits you nearly like in the first time.

Tramadol has many ways of acting. At first it is a serotonin-RELEASER, a norepinephrine-reuptake-inhibitor, an (weak) opioid and a NMDA-Antagonist. But in my experience the magic feeling of tramadol gets less after a longer period of everyday use, but not in the way that you don't feel any effects, it's just not as energizing anymore. And after a break it hits you nearly like in the first time.

No , it is a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin.

• Tramadol is a mu-opioid receptor agonist as well as an inhibitor of the reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin in the central nervous system (CNS).

http://www.ebmconsult.com/articles/tramadol-interaction-ssri-serotonin-syndrome-mechanism

In terms of specific neurotransmitter effects, at the central level, tramadol is a mu-opioid receptor agonist. The affinity of tramadol for mu-opioid receptors (analgesic effect) is 10-fold less than codeine. However, the active metabolite of tramadol, o-desmethyltramadol, has a far greater affinity (up to 200-fold) than the parent compound. In addition to its central effects on mu receptors, at the peripheral level, tramadol inhibits serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2714818/

It is NOT a RELEASER