• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Tramadol and Chlorpheniramine

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi Bluelighters.

Last night I take Chlorphenamine (a first-generation anti-histamine) for a mild allergy and according to Wikipedia, it also acts as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). :oops:

In addition to acting as an inverse agonist at the H1 receptor, chlorphenamine has been found to act as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (Kd = 15.2 nM for the serotonin transporter).[8][21] It has only weak affinity for the norepinephrine and dopamine transporters (Kd = 1,440 nM and 1,060 nM, respectively).[8] A similar antihistamine, brompheniramine, led to the discovery of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) zimelidine.

Well, I have some Tramadol pills and I wanted to take them tonight but I don't want a seizure or a serotonin syndrome . Considering this, would it be advisable not to take them, then? How long should I wait to take Tramadol?

The best is not to mix them both. And that you already know.
Plus you can search how long is the half life of Chlorpheniramine to see for how long it stays in your system.
Then I would ONLY take tramadol when Chlorpheniramine is not anymore my body.

But this is my opinion. I'M NOT SOME EXPERT.

The best is not to mix them both. And that you already know.
Plus you can search how long is the half life of Chlorpheniramine to see for how long it stays in your system.
Then I would ONLY take tramadol when Chlorpheniramine is not anymore my body.

But this is my opinion. I'M NOT SOME EXPERT.

Yes I think you are right. Stupidly I have mixed Tramadol and antidepressants (SSRI). Luckily, nothing has ever happened to me but the effects of Tramadol diminish considerably.

Yes I think you are right. Stupidly I have mixed Tramadol and antidepressants (SSRI). Luckily, nothing has ever happened to me but the effects of Tramadol diminish considerably.

This is how I think. I want to have fun.. with drugs the longest way without damaging my body... So i try to be safe all the time, to BE able to continue doing what i like to do.

So we need to BE smart about doing drugs.

I'm glad that you are ok. Have a Nice day.