• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol, a pleasant high

Rafayte

Bluelighter
Today I suffered a dental surgery and I was prescribed tramadol 50mg IR capsules for the pain. First I took 200mg and I got a narcotic, mood booster high. After some hours, a while ago, I took other 200mg which makes me in a pleasant high right now. I too took a capsule of 610mg red corean ginseng root with six years of age. Ginseng and tramadol be synergic

Best hold off on any more Tramadol for today. A few threads down a guy had a seizure from too much Tramadol. Anything over 400mg-500mg is encroaching into a danger zone. If you are prone to them or are stopping sedatives of any kind then seizures are even more of a risk. Adding an NSAID will help with the pain instead of taking more Tram tonight. Though it's best to keep your APAP levels under 4 grams too. Ibuprofen or Naproxen are decent enough. Benzocaine is a good topical IME when the centrally acting stuff doesn't cut it. Hope you heal quick.

Please be careful. Like Jekyl said, high doses can cause seizures. I literally just had a patient who died from a seizure (aspirated, choked and went into cardiac arrest), after taking high doses of this medication. This is one medication i wouldn't even touch. Use in moderation!

This indeed shows why prescribing opiods for minor things is risky for some patients who act on impuls without gathering some basic info about what they are getting into. Maybe his or her dr. gave warnings concerning Tramadol who knows.

I am just assuming your dental procedure is minor Rafayte, as where I recide heavy surgery replacing the jaw to put it a little forward. You get Ibuprofen to take home. Nothing remotely opiasque after you leave the hospital.

I remember when I was prescribed Tramadol the doctor even specified that it wasn't a "narcotic". Needless to say I never went back to her.

The irony is that opioids do more to subdue your anxiety rather than effectively kill tooth pain. The mandibular nerve trunk conducts pain well and doesn't have far to go. A shot of a glucocorticoid, and a block with some xylocaine is more effective for teeth than most centrally acting opioids, not that I would refuse some Tram or better.

Last edited:
Lol, what's up with all the tramadol posts lately :))) man I would suggest to really don't go on that road it will be difficult to get down off that path. and opiates for tooth pain are wack, 500mg+ of tramadol never helped me with the tooth pain,200 mg oxy never helped me with my tooth pain,100 + mg of morphine never helped me with the tooth pain and trust me I have the worst teeth ever since I was a little kid. The best medicine which killed the tooth pain for me and I got it otc everytime was KETOPROFEN under the brand name Ketonal here in romania. See if you can get some ketoprofen 150 mg and take 1, even 2 and the pain will go away without you getting high or hooked on pain pills.

Be careful exceeding 400-500 mg of tramadol in a day as this greatly increases your risk of seizures. Also beware of taking tramadol with other substances or prescriptions as there are many other drugs that also lower the seizure threshold greatly.

SSRI's are especially dangerous in combination with tramadol as these together greatly increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. I had taken 250 mg of tramadol a few days after starting a new SSRI, thinking I had gotten used to the increase of seratonin, & was on the verge of having a seizure a few hours after.

Thanks. In the last week I had tramadol a lot of times. I started with a dose of 200mg and it putted me in a happy sedation that ever ended in a deep dream. But now I take 300mg and I don't feel nothing. I have 5 capsules of 50mg IR tramadol and several tablets with 325mg acetaminophen and 37'5mg tramadol so I must do a CWE to erase acetaminophen and drink the water with tramadol. With 8 tablets I have a dose of 300mg tramadol. I too have think in taking the tablets without CWE so I can take 4 tablets which are 150mg tramadol and 1300mg acetaminophen. So I will take tramadol in 150mg dose as antidepressant

Tramadol can be a very dangerous drug but i think you already get that at this point. Don't exceed half a gram at the most. That being said tramadol is by far my favourite opioid screw oxy and hydro but it's not a good medication to begin abusing and chasing a high off of. Be careful