View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

tramadol + 2cp

thecamelduluxe

Bluelighter
I am thinking of trying the above combo. Do you think I would risk serotinin syndrome doing so?

Many thanks

Yes, because 2C-P is a serotonergic psychedelic like LSD and the interactions tramadol has with serotonergics should apply similarly. Tramadol can combine unpleasantly or dangerously with certain serotonergic drugs.
And 2C-P is a relatively potent one at that, I certainly wouldn't risk it... although the data / statistics are a bit unclear / lacking in the department, but some reports we do have don't sound too good.

Keep a number of days in between tramadol and 2C-P but also other psychedelics, and there are other drugs tramadol doesn't play nice with either.
You do not want to be one to try this.

In theory an SSRI like Tramadol mixed with a psychedelic should not cause serotonin syndrome like many worry unless the psychedelic is also a serotonin reuptake inhibitor or MAOI of some kind, like AMT or 2C-T-7, but 1) We don't know for certain that 2C-P isn't an SRI of some kind, and B) psychedelics lower the seizure threshold (meaning they make you more likely to have a seizure even if you're non epileptic), and Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold a lot so this isn't a good combo.

There aren't many things Tramadol is very safe to mix with to be honest, since many drugs out there lower the seizure threshold and can result in some nasty (even potentially fatal) convulsions when combined with Tramadol, and psychedelics have certainly caused this for many people - even if you don't have a seizure, sometimes you can feel one coming and it's a very unpleasant feeling like you've been poisoned and don't know what's going on, so it's absolutely not worth the risk.

If you wish to try such a combo replace the Tramadol with a different mild opiate like say Codeine - I've combined poppy seed tea (which contains opium) with 2C-P before and it made for a very interesting and powerful experience.