News Toxicologist testifies that drugs did not kill George Floyd

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Toxicologist testifies that drugs did not kill George Floyd​

Steve Karnowski
ABC
9 Feb 2022

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A toxicologist testified Wednesday at the federal trial of three former officers charged with violating George Floyd's civil rights that it wasn't drug use, heart disease nor an agitated state known as “excited delirium” that caused Floyd's death after officers pinned him to the pavement in May 2020.

Dr. Vik Bebarta, an emergency physician and toxicologist and professor at the University of Colorado in suburban Denver, bolstered the prosecution’s contention that Floyd died because of how Officer Derek Chauvin pressed his knee down on the Black man's neck for 9 1/2 minutes as he pleaded “I can't breathe.” He also backed up other experts who have faulted officers for failing to roll Floyd on his side, as they had been trained, so that he could have breathed freely.

Read the full story here.

they're on trial again? I thought this was over. Appeals?
Chauvin didn't appeal. He is all comfy in his jumpsuit. Getting his bologna sandwich and telling all his cell mates that he wishes he would have kept his emotions in check and reigned in his bias towards black people. Hope the bologna has mold on it.

Don't see why this is news really. The Coroner had already done tox levels and testified that drugs weren't the cause of death. I wonder if the other 3 that have yet to have their MN State trials and are apparently set to get a plea deal in their Federal trials have petitioned the Court to have his blood retested.

We also haven't heard about any more CIVIL trials against the other 3. Chauvin was the ring leader but the other 3 have yet to answer for their culpability. I didn't read the full story ( just the excerpt) but I'm a crime junkie and usually follow cases to their conclusion.

Following Floyds case it seems that all defendants found guilty in a black persons death ( whether they be cops or citizens ) are headed to the Feds for Civil and Constitutional Rights violations. It's about damn time.

Ofc, u can clearly see a black man getting asphyxiated 4 nuffin iirc

Ofc, u can clearly see a black man getting asphyxiated 4 nuffin iirc
Depends on what your definition of " nuffin" is ?

Passive/Aggressive use of your insertion of Ebonics tells me all I need to know.