• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Totally removing weed smell

Candy_ass

Greenlighter
Hey Guys,

I am a college student who dorms on campus. Like nearly every other college student, I enjoy weed every now and then. recently, I have started a mushroom growing project as well. I grow them in a sterile drawer in my dorm room. I really have never worried about keeping this stuff in my room in the past, because unless I smoke in my room or am blatantly drunk and loud, no one is allowed to search my room. However, this weekend a kid on my campus died because of a multi-substance overdose. Therefore, they are bringing dogs in to search all the rooms to try to find out who was selling this kid hard drugs. I am obviously going to remove my weed from the room. My question is, will washing the clothes that were in the drawer I kept my weed in and washing the drawer with a sterile wipe be enough to hide the scent from the dogs? Also, my mushroom jars have just barely started colonizing so technically I don't have any psyclobin in the room, but I still don't think they'll look kindly upon my little project. So, if I wash the drawer and the stuff in the drawer am I good? Or should I move my jars just to be safe? If the dogs catch the scent of the weed, then they would be allowed to search my room and will therefore find my jars.

i would definitely move your jars to be safe. idk if there some sure fire way to fool the dogs, but personally i wouldn't push my luck.

get all your stuff including mushroom gear out of there. But even if the dogs go crazy in your room, if they cant find anything they cant charge you with anything. Last time I checked having clothes that smell like weed or occupying a room that smells like weed is definetly not a crime.

edit: I have grown mushrooms like that before too... I looked up the laws and its a felony charge as soon as mycelium are visible.

A recent mythbusters episode has shown there is no way to defeat the dogs. You could wrap your stuf in fifteen layers of Smelly Proof bags, immerse that in a jar of bleach, and hide that jar in a pile of your nastiest sweatiest socks and that dog will find your stash in about nine seconds.

^ although, there is one thing you could do to make their job harder: get a bunch of old stems, etc. grind em up, put em in a salt shaker and sprinkle weed dust all over the dormitory. Dogs will go crazy.

^ this could work, but imagine all the other stoners that would get caught cause of that method, no good karma

wow thats not good.I would be getting any drugs out of there.sadly dogs are VERY hard to beat but your best bet would be to remove all evidence of drug use from your room.That way they will have no evidence and you cant be charged :)

yea i would get everything out, if you still are worried about the smell there is a particle remover called Zero Odor that you can buy at Bed Bath & Beyond. This spray bonds with particles in the air (like Ozium), and is pretty much a godsend in the dorms

Hate to awake the dead of this thread but I figure there is traffic still for it since anything related to making the pungent aroma of marijuana dissapear is precious info but anyways... I showed up to campus and there was a huge k9 unit working its way through and the chief approached me and was basically like hurry the fuck up and get inside we're going to pass through your car also. In my head I was contemplating just bustin balls and trying to speed on out but man I decided to just ride it out even though the day before I had rolled 2 sloppy joints in the back and had 2 half js chillin inside the car along with a myriad of other paraphernalia. Somehow the dog didnt pick up on my shot even though I watched my car get sniffed from a distance and so I gave it a hard scour on google as to why. Turns out something called a scent cone develops over all stationary smells and so essentially because I had just rolled up, my scent comes had dissipate and they take a few hours to form. So moral of the story is to make sure you wipe that shit down as closely to the prospective time of search as ya can.
Protip: mega finely ground pepper scattered in the dorm halls is gonna fuck that dogs nose up like it wouldn't believe

Main thing you guys are missing is handling and transportation to the container. If you touch the marijuana, put it in the container, then touch the outside of the container you defeat the purpose. Also bringing it into a room unclosed will release enough smell to alert a dog.

Marijuana has oils that will transfer to your skin and anything you touch.

^ never heard that before, thanks for the info

Ozium works wonders if you're worried about the smell, just make sure to get the fuck out of the room after you spray it because breathing that in can be really bad for you

Protip: mega finely ground pepper scattered in the dorm halls is gonna fuck that dogs nose up like it wouldn't believe
You may want to reconsider assaulting a police dog and obstructing an investigation.
"In some jurisdictions police dogs are considered to be police officers in law so that any penalty that can be applied to the assault of a human police officer can also apply to an assault on a police dog." http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/animals/breeds/dogtopics/dog_police.htm

^lol was that comment really worth adding to a thread about removing weed smell...?

^lol was that comment really worth adding to a thread about removing weed smell...?
So, just looking outside and I want everyone to know that the Sun has risen today; everyone just relax enjoy the Sun. It decided to come out today. Thank you.

A true blazer wouldnt care about what other people in his dorm think about him smoking or about 'some dogs' a true blazer would smoke it inside the dorm and not giive a fuck op uyou are a discrace and embarassement to us true blazers dont smoke weed just to look cool op this makes you look like a pathetic kid

random helpful example, bare toilet paper roll, multiple drier sheets, rubberband over one end.
Blow dank smoke through, change every 7 grams or so, unless you're dirty.

A true blazer wouldnt care about what other people in his dorm think about him smoking or about 'some dogs' a true blazer would smoke it inside the dorm and not giive a fuck op uyou are a discrace and embarassement to us true blazers dont smoke weed just to look cool op this makes you look like a pathetic kid

This "true blazer" fella sounds kinda like an idiot. Pretty hard to keep it john blaze while locked up.

This "true blazer" fella sounds kinda like an idiot. Pretty hard to keep it john blaze while locked up.
Wow... just wow. You have never even smoked weed unless you are true blazing. Uncle Sam was a true blazer, Godzilla, that dog. You have got a lot to learn young man.