Topical Testosterone Questions

Middleway

Ex-Bluelighter
Hey just a few questions I'm hoping someone can clarify for me.

I suffer from quite severe depression and anxiety. I have been on various different meds and therapies over the years with disapointing results.

I have hunted down a doctor who has prescribed me DHEA, Pregnenolone at my request and I really feel like it has helped and made a difference, mainly in my ability to cope with stress.

On my last visit he also prescribed me Topical Testosterone. I had my levels done and they were low normal so the plan is to just get my levels higher but within the normal range.

I have been reading forum posts on here and it seems that I need to be concerned of the following:

* Dependence on the supplement and the (maybe permanent) shut down of my endogenous testosterone production
* Cardiovascular risks increased
* Prostate Cancer risk increased

I'm 36 years old and in good physical health and I lead a healthy lifestyle.

How significant are these risks?
Would you expect this to noticeably improve my well being/mood?
Is the compounded cream any different to the commercial gel in terms of effectiveness and price?
What side effects could I reasonably expect to have a chance of encountering?

Thanks!

Oh and also, is there any other nifty drugs or supplements that are worthwhile for general wellbeing?
Thanks

I'm getting the feeling that these are questions that have been asked before...can anyone link me up pls?

Forget topical creams and go for injection for more steady blood levels. The risks are overhyped propaganda to basically scare you out of it.
Just look through the pages of info here and you'll find what you need, I'm not going to personally do the leg work for you though. In short, trt will make your life and health better with minimal if any side effects as you are on a replacement dose, not bodybuilding dose.

Hey just a few questions I'm hoping someone can clarify for me.

I suffer from quite severe depression and anxiety. I have been on various different meds and therapies over the years with disapointing results.

I have hunted down a doctor who has prescribed me DHEA, Pregnenolone at my request and I really feel like it has helped and made a difference, mainly in my ability to cope with stress.

On my last visit he also prescribed me Topical Testosterone. I had my levels done and they were low normal so the plan is to just get my levels higher but within the normal range.

I have been reading forum posts on here and it seems that I need to be concerned of the following:

* Dependence on the supplement and the (maybe permanent) shut down of my endogenous testosterone production
* Cardiovascular risks increased
* Prostate Cancer risk increased

I'm 36 years old and in good physical health and I lead a healthy lifestyle.

How significant are these risks?
Would you expect this to noticeably improve my well being/mood?
Is the compounded cream any different to the commercial gel in terms of effectiveness and price?
What side effects could I reasonably expect to have a chance of encountering?

Thanks!

If hormone replacement is all you are interested in, then topical testosterone applied upon waking, with a low dose that may help raise your blood testosterone levels, at a time when naturally you are producing less, therefore there is less likelihood of your natural production being more suppressed than it is already..

* less chance of shutdown
* negligible cardiovascular risk (you are only replicating normal healthy levels)
* negligible prostrate risk (you are only replicating normal healthy levels)

Risks and side effects are negligible as you are not using supraphysiological levels...