• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Top up codeine if it doesn't work

Anon1990

Greenlighter
If I take a dose of codeine (say 180mg) and after 20/30 minutes, realise it was too low a dose, can I then top up by taking an extra 30mg tablet? Or will it be too late by then to add on to the first dose?

When I did oxy I only did one a day and after a week I had about the same situation as you I'd say do it I did and it took another half hour and I was as high as I wanted to be but be careful I'd googled the average overdose limit and for codeine its anywhere from 500mg-1000mg so I'd pace myself and build up every 20 minutes till you get full effect but try to keep your dose under 500mg so you can make sure you get the high and don't risk an od till you fully know your limits

You could do that but i don?t think it would be very effective. I believe i read somewhere that redosing codeine before it wears off is generally ineffective because the liver enzymes that metabolize it to morphine are too occupied by the metabolites to effectively/efficiently convert codeine to morphine. I could be completely wrong on that though.

The other reason i think it wouldn?t be very effective is because once you have pretty much any drug active in your body it blunts the effects of the next dose. That?s not to say it doesn?t have a stacking physiological effects like increased CNS depression, rather the high is blunted. Also this kind of redosing will increase tolerance more then just waiting until the next day or until the dose wears off, at least in my experience.

I think you're right I think I remember someone telling me I'm wasting it by stacking periodically before the come down I think the time limit is to take the full dose within like 10 minutes max then after 30 mins you get the high peaked for about 2-3 hours and 15 min after that while you're still coming down I think you can dose a little more I did that once but I can't remember if it peaked higher or just sent me through a second cycle I was zoned out in a hot tub